Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for the Physically Handicapped, New Delhi has announced notification for admission to BPT, BOT and BPO courses for the academic year 2012-13. The institute will conduct an entrance test on 10th June 2012 for short listing the candidates. The institute is affiliated to University of Delhi and DU will conduct the entrance test. The institute is functioning under the aegis of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India. Following are details of courses:
1) Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT): Duration is 4 and half years. Qualification: 10+2 with minimum 50 percent marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (PCBE). Seats: 54
2) Bachelor of Occupational therapy (BOT): Duration is 4 years and 6 months. Qualification: 10+2 with at least 50 percent marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (PCBE). Seats: 54
3) Bachelor of Prosthetics and Orthotics (BPO). Qualification: 10+2 with 50 percent marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Mathematics and English . Duration is 4 and half years. Seats: 31
Interested candidates can obtain application forms and the prospectus by sending a pay order / demand draft drawn in favour of 'Director, Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for the Physically Handicapped' payable at New Delhi. Cost of application is Rs. 500 (Rs. 550 by post) for general candidates and Rs. 250 (Rs. 300 by post) for all other candidates. You can also download application forms from the website at www.iphnewdelhi.in .
1) Sale of Prospectus at Institute: From 03-04-2012 to 18-05-2012
2) Last date for issue of Prospectus by post: 11-05-2012
3) Last date for the receipt of completed application form: :18-05-2012
4) Date of Entrance Test (BPT/ BOT/ BPO): 10-06-2012.