MIT Institute of Design, Pune is offering various modern courses at Graduate and Post Graduate Diploma levels. The institute has established separate school for design and entertainment related training through different disciplines. MIT offers scholarships to 5 percent of the selected students and education loans will be arranged for remaining candidates. The selection will be based on rigorous written examination to be conducted at all India level (Design Aptitude Test), Studio Test and Interview. Following are the details of courses:
1. Graduate Diploma Programmes: Retail and Exhibition Design/ Product Design / Transportation Design / Graphic Design/ Interior Space and Equipment Design / Animation Design/ Film and Video Design. Duration of the course is 4 1/2 years.
2. Post Graduate Diploma Programmes: Retail and Exhibition Design/ Interior Space and Equipment Design / Product Design / User Experience Design/ Transportation Design / Strategic Design for Business (Duration 2 years) / Graphic Design/ Animation Design/ Film and Video Design. Duration is 2 1/2 years.
3. Collaborative Programmes:
A) Undergraduate Programmes (2+2 years): Animation / Computer Arts for Gaming (Both are in Collaboration with University of Dundee, Scotland)
B) Post Graduate Programme (1+1 years): Animation / Computer Arts for Gaming / Product Design and Design Ethnography (All in Collaboration with University of Dundee, Scotland)
Interested candidates can download application forms from website of the institute www.mitid.edu.in. There are separate applications for General and Collaborative Programmes.
1. Last date for submission of application forms: 31st Jan 2011.
2. Design Aptitude Test: 3rd April 2011.