Osmania University Region PGCET (OUPGCET / OURPGCET) 2012-13 will be held in June 2012 for admission to various Post Graduate and Full Time PG Diploma Courses for the academic year 2012-13. Admission Counseling of Osmania University for these courses will be based on ranks in OUPGCET 2012. Osmania University, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh offer more than 50 PG Courses in the disciplines of Humanities, Sciences, Social Sciences etc through its Campus, Constituent Colleges and affiliated colleges. There are more than 20000 seats available in OU region in various courses at PG level. Following is the tentative schedule of OUPGCET 2012-13:
The Govt. of Andhra Pradesh has initiated regional PGCETs from 2010-11 for various regions of the state. According to that, admissions will be held to following universities through OUPGCET for 2012-13:
Courses Offered by Osmania University:
1. M.A.: Economics, English, AIHCA, History, Islamic Studies, Hindi, Kannada, Arabic, Persian, Philosophy, Linguistics, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Political Science, Marathi, Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Theater Arts and Urdu;
2. M.Sc.: Astrophysics, Chemistry, Electronics, Biochemistry, Astronomy, Applied Geochemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Botany, Environmental Science, Forensic Science, Nanoscience, Geography, Physics, Geoinformatics, Genetics, Computational Geophysics, Geology, Microbiology, Nutrition & Dietetics, Mathematics, Geophysics, Statistics and Zoology;
3. M.C.J.(1 year and 2 year courses)
4. B.L.I.Sc., M.L.I.Sc., M.Ed., M.P.Ed., M.S.W., M.Com., M.Com.(I.S.), M.F.C
6. P.G.Diploma Courses: Archival Science and Manuscriptology, Museology, Child Psychology, Applied Linguistics, Digital Information Management, Urdu Paleography, Geographical Cartography, Taxation, Functional Hindi and Translation, Management of International Business, Psychological Counseling and Advanced PG Diploma in Bio-Statistics.
Courses Offered by Mahatma Gandhi University:
1. M.A. : English Literature and Applied Economics
2. M.Sc. : Chemistry, Biotechnology, Mathematics and Biochemistry
3. M.S.W. and M.Com.
Courses Offered by Telangana University:
1. M.A. : English, Urdu, Telugu Studies, Hindi and Mass Communication
2. M.Sc. : Applied Statistics, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Botany, Geoinformatics and Physics
3. M.S.W. and M.Com.(E-Commerce)
Courses Offered by Palamuru University:
1. M.A.: English, Political Science
2. M.Sc.: Chemistry, Microbiology, Mathematics, M.S.W. and M.Com.
Application Procedure: Candidates can obtain application forms from OU Press, Osmania University along with other participating universities of Entrance Test. Applications also available at OU autonomous colleges in Hyderabad, Koti Women’s College and Nizam College.
Important Dates for OUPGCET 2012-13:
1. Commencement of Sale of Applications: 9th April 2012
2. Last date for receipt of filled in applications (without late fee): 4th May 2012
3. Last date with late fee of Rs.200: 11th May 2012
4. Last date with late fee of Rs.300: 18st May 2012
7. OU PG Entrance Examinations: June 2012
8. OUPGCET 2012-13 Results Announcement: July 2012
9. OU PG Counseling Schedule Announcement: July 2012
Details of OUPGCET 2012, exam schedule and counseling notification will also be displayed on the University website www.osmania.ac.in