Osmania University will conduct a common entrance test called OU PGCET 2012 / OURPGCET 2012 for admission to the following PG courses in Osmania University, Mahatma Gandhi University, Palamuru University and Telangana University. Admissions for the below mentioned programs for the academic year 2012-13 will be based on ranks in OU PGCET. Osmania University is one of the top ranked universities in the country and offering more than 50 PG Courses in in full time mode in the disciplines of Humanities, Sciences, Social Sciences and Languages. The university has several Campus Colleges, Constituent Colleges and affiliated colleges. About 20000 seats available in OU region in various courses at Post Graduation level. Following is the tentative schedule of OUPGCET 2012:
Courses Offered by Osmania University:
1. M.A.: Economics, Kannada, Arabic, Sanskrit, Tamil, History, Islamic Studies, Hindi, English, AIHCA, Persian, Linguistics, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Political Science, Marathi, Philosophy, Telugu, Theatre Arts and Urdu.
2. M.Sc.: Astrophysics, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Biochemistry, Astronomy, Genetics, Computational Geophysics, Applied Geochemistry, Chemistry, Electronics, Botany, Mathematics, Geophysics, Nanoscience, Geography, Physics, Geoinformatics, Environmental Science, Forensic Science, Geology, Microbiology, Nutrition and Dietetics, Statistics and Zoology.
3. M.C.J.(1 year and 2 year courses)
4. B.L.I.Sc., M.L.I.Sc., M.Ed., M.P.Ed., M.S.W., M.Com., M.Com.(I.S.), M.F.C
5. P.G.Diploma Courses: Archival Science and Manuscriptology, Museology, Digital Information Management, Urdu Paleography, Geographical Cartography, Taxation, Functional Hindi and Translation, Child Psychology, Applied Linguistics, Management of International Business, Psychological Counseling and Advanced PG Diploma in Bio-Statistics.
Courses Offered by Mahatma Gandhi University:
1. M.A. : English Literature and Applied Economics
2. M.Sc. : Chemistry, Biotechnology, Mathematics and Biochemistry
3. M.S.W. and M.Com.
Courses Offered by Telangana University:
1. M.A. : English, Urdu, Telugu Studies, Hindi and Mass Communication
2. M.Sc. : Applied Statistics, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Botany, Geoinformatics and Physics
3. M.S.W. and M.Com.(E-Commerce)
Courses Offered by Palamuru University:
1. M.A.: English, Political Science
2. M.Sc.: Chemistry, Microbiology, Mathematics, M.S.W. and M.Com.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates can collect application forms from OU Press, Osmania University. Applications are also available at other participating universities of OU PGCET 2012 Entrance Test. You can also get applications from OU autonomous colleges in Hyderabad at Koti Women’s College and Nizam College. Cost of application is Rs. 120. You can apply for four subjects in a single application. Details can also be obtained from www.osmania.ac.in .
Important Dates for OUPGCET 2012:
1. Start of sale of applications: 9th April 2012
2. Last date for receipt of completed applications (without late fee): 4th May 2012
3. Last date with late fee of Rs.200: 11th May 2012
4. Last date with late fee of Rs.400: 18st May 2014
7. OU PG Entrance Examinations: During June 2012
8. OUPGCET 2012 Results Announcement: July 2012
9. OU PG Counseling Schedule Announcement: July 2012