Faculty of arts of Osmania University (OU) is offering various specialized courses in Languages, Arts, Communication etc. The OU has separate departments for Indian and Foreign languages. The departments are offering M.A., PG Diploma, M.Phi and Ph.D programmes in their respective disciplines / subjects. Following details of programmes offered by Faculty of Arts, Osmania University.
1) M.A.: Duration is 2 years. Subjects offered are Arabic, English, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Sanskrit, French, Persian, Philosophy, Islamic Studies, Linguistics, Theater Arts and Urdu. Eligibility: Applicants should have passed in Degree Examination securing minimum 40 percent marks in aggregate under part II. They must have studied the concerned language either as Part I or Part II of the qualifying examination. Admission will be through an Entrance Test conducted by OU.
Candidates should have other qualifications as prescribed by the concerned department. For example, Those opting for French Language should have studied Advanced Diploma in French or Diploma de langue from Alliance Francaise. For M.A. in Theater Arts, candidates from all disciplines such as BA/ B.Com / B.Sc. can apply.
2) BCJ: Duration is one year. Candidates should have passed in BA/BSc./B.Com with minimum 40 percent marks in aggregate under Part II of the course.
3) MCJ: Duration of the course is one year. Candidates should have passed in BCJ with at least 40 percent marks.
4) M.Phil. / Ph.D.: These programmes are offered in the subjects of Arabic, English, Hindi, French, Marathi, Kannada, Sanskrit, Telugu, Urdu, Tamil, Persian, Philosophy, Linguistics, Islamic Studies, Communication and Journalism and Theater Arts.
5) PG Diploma / Advanced Diploma / Senior Diploma Courses: Programmes are offered in Urdu Paleography, Applied Linguistics, Functional Hindi and Translation, Museology, Archival Science and Manuscriptology, French, German, Russian and Persian.
Osmania University conducts PGCET (Post Graduate Common Entrance Test for admission into all the PG courses. The PGCET admission notification usually comes out during March - April every year. Candidates have to apply in response to that notification. Entrance Examination generally consists of Objective type multiple choice questions. OU generally admits candidates into PG Diploma courses based on merit in the qualifying examination. You can refer www.osmania.ac.in for more details.