National Power Training Institute (NPTI), New Delhi (Northern Region) has announced admission notification 2011-12 for its prestigious courses in Post Diploma in Thermal Power Plant Engineering (PDTPPE) an Graduate Engineer’s Course in O and M of Transmission and Distribution for the year 2011-12 . Both these are modular courses with one year and 6 months duration respectively. The NPTI is a specialised training institute for established to cater the needs of power industry. The NPTI is functioning under the purview of Ministry of Power, Government of India. The courses are exclusively designed for Diploma engineers to enhance their employability knowledge. Following are details such as eligibility, course fee and application procedure:
1) Post Diploma in PDC: Candidates should have three years Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Power Control and Instrumentation Engineering or equivalent with at least 60 percent marks. Selection of the candidates for the programme will be based on marks in Diploma only. Graduate engineers are not eligible for this programme. There will be no entrance test. There are 80 seats in total and some seats are reserved for sponsored candidates. Applicants age should be below 27 years as on 30-09-2011.
2) O and M of Transmission and Distribution: Applicants should have at least 60 percent marks in Intermediate / Senior Secondary Exams and in B.E. or equivalent in Electrical / Power Engineering. Number of seats available are 40.
Interested and eligible candidates can apply on the plain paper in the prescribed format. Applications forms can also be downloaded from www.npti.in OR www.nptidelhi.net. Completed application forms along with a DD for Rs. 800/- drawn in favour of NPTI, Badarpur and payable at New Delhi should reach the ‘Principal Director, National Power Training Institute (NR), Badarpur, New Delhi – 110044’. Last date for receipt of filled in applications is 19th September 2011. Dates of counseling will be informed to the candidates through email.
Course Fee for non-sponsored candidates is Rs.120000 for Q and M in T and D and Rs. 110000 for PDC. For sponsored candidates, fee is Rs. 150000 for any course. NPTI is providing excellent placements for all its candidates.
1) Last date for applications: 19-09-2011
2) Results (Counseling Schedule): 21-10-2011
3) Commence of Courses: From November 2011.