National Institute of Technology, Surathkal, Karnataka is inviting application from eligible candidates for admission into M.Tech (Research) and Ph.D. Programmes for 2011-12 January Session. NIT Surathkal is one of the best technical institutes in the country. The institute has very good infrastructure, qualified faculty and placements for its candidates. Admission to following Post-Graduate and Research Programmes are open for GATE qualified and Non GATE candidates also. Following are details of courses, specialisations, eligibility and application procedure:
1) M. Tech Programmes (by Research): Specialisations offered are Civil Engineering, Applied Mechanics and Hydraulics, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Mining Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Mathematical and Computational Sciences and Information Technology. Eligibility Requirements: Applicants should have passed in prescribed qualifying examination with minimum 60 percent marks. 55 percent is required for SC/ST candidates. Valid GATE score is essential requirement for scholarship seats.
2) Ph. D. Pragramme: Specializations available in Ph.D. Programme are Civil Engineering, Applied Mechanics and Hydraulics and Water Resource Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical and Mechanical Processes, Mining Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Graph Theory, Information Technology, Computer Science and Engineering. Eligibility: For Ph.D. in Engineering or Technology, candidates should have Master’s degree in relevant field. For Ph.D. in Science / Humanities, Social Sciences and Management, applicants need Master’s degree in relevant field. Employed professionals with experience and proven competence will be considered for part-time scheme (External Registration) programme.
Interested candidates can download application forms from the NIT Surathkal website at www.nitk.ac.in . There are separate applications for each programme. Filled in application forms should be sent to 'Dy. Registrar (Academic) NITK, along with necessary demand draft for Rs. 500/- (in case of SC/ST Rs. 150/-). Draft should be drawn in favour of the Director, National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Srinivasnagar, payable at State Bank of India / Canara Bank NITK Campus Branch Surathkal. Last date for submission of completed application is 25th November 2011. More details can be obtained from http://www.nitk.ac.in
1) Last date for the receipt of completed applications 25th November 2011
2) Short listing of candidates: 02nd December 2011
3) Selection Test and / or Interview: 12th December 2011