National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education (NIPER) has issued admission notification for Ph.D. programme being offered in various disciplines for the academic year 2012-13. NIPER is a premier institute for education, training and research in pharmaceutical and other related subjects. Admission for Ph.D. Program will be based on the combined merit obtained in the written test and interview conducted by NIPER. The NIPER has academic and research centers at Chandigarh (SAS Nagar- Punjab), Kolkata, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Hajipur, Guwahati and Rae Barelli (Uttar Pradesh). The research programmes are offered in the the disciplines of Chemical, Biological and Pharmaceutical Sciences. NIPER conducts joint admissions for all its campuses. Details of disciplines offered in various campuses and application procedure are given below:
1) Pharmacology and Toxicology: Eligibility: M.S. (Pharm.)/ M.Pharm./ M.Sc. (Pharmacology)/ M.V.Sc./M.D.
2) Biotechnology: Eligibility: M.S. (Pharm.)/M.Pharm./ M.Sc. (Life Science)
3) Pharmaceutical Technology (Biotechnology): Eligibility: M.S. (Pharm.)/ M.Pharm./ M.Sc. (Life Science)
1) Pharmaceutics: Eligibility: M.S. (Pharm.)/ M.Pharm
2) Pharmaceutical Technology (Formulations): Eligibility: M.S. (Pharm.)/ M.Pharm.
1) Medicinal Chemistry: Eligibility: M.S. (Pharm.)/ M.Pharm./ M.Sc.(Organic Chemistry)
2) Natural Products: Eligibility: M.S. (Pharm.)/M.Pharm./ M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry)
Eligibility Requirements: Applicants should have M.Pharma/ MS (Pharma)/ Masters in concerned discipline of Pharmacy or equivalent. They should have minimum 60 percent aggregate marks. Candidates also need valid valid GATE/ NET scores. Those studying their final year of qualifying degree can also apply. NIPER shall conduct and entrance exam with a duration of 2 hours. There will be two sections. Section-I will consist of questions on general pharmaceutical sciences and Section-II will contain questions on specialization in the concerned discipline.
Interested candidates can apply online through NIPER website at www.niper.gov.in . Online applications will commence from 23rd April 2012. Dates of Entrance exam will be announced later. It is likely to be conducted in July 2012. Contact Address for details: National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), S.A.S Nagar (Mohali), Punjab – 160 062; Phone: +91-172-2214682-87 ; Website: www.niper.gov.in