National Brain Research Centre (NBRC) issued notification for admission to Ph.D. (Neuroscience) and Integrated Ph.D. (Neuroscience) Programmes for the academic year 2011-2012. NBRC is a premier institute for research in Neuroscience and accorded Deemed University status. Interested candidates can apply online through www.nbrc.ac.in. The broad research areas in the institute are divided as follows:
1. Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience
2. Systems and Cognitive Neuroscience
3. Computational Neuroscience and Neuro Imaging
1. Ph.D. (Neuroscience): Applicants should have Master's degree in any branch of Science such as Life Science / Physics/ Chemistry / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer application / Pharmacy / Veterinary Science/ Psychology OR 4 years Bachelors Degree in Engineering / Technology / Medicine.
2. Integrated Ph.D. (Neuroscience): Candidates should have Bachelor's degree in any one of subjects like Life Science / Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer applications / Pharmacy / Veterinary Science / Psychology / Engineering / Technology / Medicine.
Those appearing for final year examination are also eligible to apply. Candidates should have minimum 55 percent marks in the qualifying examination. After completion of the Integrated Ph.D. programme, the students will be awarded both an M.Sc. and a Ph.D. Degree.
Selection will be based on Written Examination and personal interview. The written test contains 2 sections. Section 1 will have objective multiple choice questions on General Knowledge or General Awareness related to Science. Sections 2 will have objective multiple choice questions on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. Candidates have to answer any 3 subjects only.
Candidates need to apply online after paying the fee Rs. 700 (Rs. 350 for SC/ ST/ PH Candidates) on any branch of SBI drawn in favour of 'Director, National Brain Research Centre' payable at Manesar. The online registration slip and DD should reach 'Registrat, National Brain Research Centre (NBRC), NH-8, Manesar- 122 050, Gurgaon Dist, Haryana. Phone: 0124 – 2845339, Email: email@example.com . Last date for receipt of registration slip is 18th February 2011.