Government of Maharashtra shall conduct a single common entrance test MHT-CET 2011 for admission to all Health Sciences, Engineering and Pharmacy Degree Courses for the academic year 2011-12. The MHT-CET-2011 will be conducted on 12th May 2011 across the state. Admission to University Engineering Colleges, Medical and Pharmacy Colleges and their affiliated colleges will be conducted through MHT CET 2011.
Eligibility: Applicants should have passed in HSC/ 10+2/ Intermediate with at least 50 percentage in Maths, Physics and Chemistry and English subjects. Candidates with Biology, Physics and Chemistry are eligible for Health Sciences and Biotech and Biomedical Engineering Courses. Complete details will be announced later along with the notification.
Candidates can apply online or offline through following detailed instructions given on the below websites and on official notification.
Pattern of Examination: The MHT CET 2011 for Engineering Courses shall consist of two papers. Duration of the test is 90 minutes for each paper.
Paper-1: Physics and Chemistry (50+50 marks)
Paper 2: Mathematics (100 marks)
All the questions will be objective multiple choice type. There will be no negative marking to the wrong answers. The syllabus for the examination will be almost same as HSC Examination of Board of Maharashtra.
Addresses of the concerned departments:
1. Directorate of Medical Education and Research, CET Cell, Opp. Govt. Dental College and Hospital Building, St. George's Hospital Campus, Mumbai- 400001. Phone: 022- 22620363- 65, 22652257/ 59. Website: www.dmer.org
2. Directorate of Technical Education, 3, Mahapalika Marg, Post Box No. 1967, Mumbai- 400001. Helpline Numbers: 022- 30233-444/445 / 446. Website: www.dte.org.in
Important Dates to Remember (Tentative):
1. Availability of MHT - CET 2011 Forms: 2nd - 4th week of March, 2011
2. Last date for submission of MHT CET 2011 forms: 4th week of March, 2011
3. Date of MHT CET: 1st week of May, 2011
4. Declaration of MHT CET 2011 Results: Mid June, 2011
Counseling schedule and procedure will also be announced on the sate of release of results.