Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA), Bangalore has announced notification for Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET) 2012 to be conducted for admission into 1st year / 1st semester of MBA / MCA / ME/ M.Tech/ M.Arch / MBA (Infrastructure Management) Courses for the academic year 2012-2013 in Karnataka. Candidates with valid GATE scores need not appear for PGCET 2012 for admission to ME / M.Tech./ M.Arch / MBA (Infrastructure Management) Courses but they need to apply in the prescribed format for admission. List of colleges, fee to be paid for all the courses and seat matrix can be obtained from official website of KEA at kea.kar.nic.in . Following are details of eligibility, Exam pattern, results, ranks, counseling and application procedure:
Eligibility Requirements for various courses under PGCET 2012:
1. For MBA: For full time MBA, candidates should have passed in any Under Graduation with minimum 50 percent marks. For part time MBA, applicants should have passed in Under Graduation with minimum 50 percent and should have at least 3 years work experience.
2. For MCA: Candidates should have passes any UG exam with Mathematics / Statistics/ Computer Science / Computer Applications / Business Mathematics / Business Statistics as one of the optional subjects. They should have secured minimum 50 percent marks.
3. For ME/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ MBA (Infrastructure Management): Candidates should have valid GATE score OR For full time courses, they should have passed the qualifying examination with minimum 50 percent marks. For Part Time courses, apart from pass in qualifying exam with at least 50 percent marks, candidates should have work experience of at least 3 years.
Final admission to all the courses will be through Common Entrance Test only. SC/ ST candidates will get 5 percent relaxation in eligible marks of qualifying examination for all the courses.
Application Procedure: Candidates have to secure application form through speed post only by sending a DD for Rs. 600 (Rs. 300 for SC/ ST and Category -I candidates) drawn in favour of 'The Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority' payable at Bangalore. Completed application forms in all respects should be sent to 'The Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, 18th Cross, Sampige Road, Malleshwaram, bangalore- 560012' by speed post only.
1. Last date for entry of Applications: 28th June 2012
2. PGCET 2012 for ME/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ MBA (Infra Management): 28th July 2012 (For 100 marks)
4. PGCET 2012 for MBA and MCA Courses: 29th July 2012 (Each for 100 marks)
The Karnataka PGCET 2012 Results, Ranks, Counseling Procedure, Seat Matrix, Fee and Test Pattern for various courses will be available on kea.kar.nic.in . Email: email@example.com .