Karnataka Biotechnology and Information Technology Services (KBITS), Department of Information Technology, Biotechnology and Science and Technology, Bangalore (Govt. of Karnataka) is inviting applications from enthusiastic candidates to appear for Karnataka Biotechnology Aptitude Test (KBAT) 2011-2012 for admission into Biotechnology Finishing Schools (BTFS) offering Post Graduate Diploma in specialised Biotechnology related job oriented courses. BTFS is a unique initiative of the Govt. of Karnataka to provide placement opportunities in the Biotech Sector. Following are details of the courses offered, eligibility and application procedure:
Courses offered through BTFS (Biotechnology Finishing Schools):
1. Bioinformatics and Rational Drug Design
2. Nutraceuticals and Food Processing
3. Pre-clinical, Clinical Research, Bio-statistics and Data Management
4. Fermentation and Bio-processing
5. Biosensors and Medical Devices
6. Plant Genetic Transformation, Genome, Seed and Marker Analysis
7. Cellular and Molecular Diagnostics
8. Protein Expression and Scale up
9. Plant tissue culture and Micro Propagation
Selected candidates will get admission in the above specialisations in 12 well known institutions across the state of Karnataka. Selection will be based on the Online Entrance Test called KBAT (Karnataka Biotechnology Aptitude Test 2011-12) followed by an interview at Bangalore. Details of Eligibility Requirements, test scheme, model question paper and other information can be obtained from www.btfskarnataka.in OR www.bangaloreitbt.in/KBITS.
1. Last date for the submission of online applications: 10th August 2011
2. Online Entrance Test: 13th and 14th August 2011
3. Results of KBAT: 15th August 2011
4. Course Commencement: 15th September 2011.
Contact Address: Karnataka Biotechnology and Information Technology Services (KBITS), 3rdFloor, UNI Building, Thimmiah Road, Miller Tank Bed, Bangalore- 560052, Karnataka, India. Phone: 080- 22207006.