Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund (JNMF) has announced notification for Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Scholarships to pursue Doctoral Studies for the year 2012-13. Selected candidates will be awarded scholarships for Ph.D. studies in recognised universities and research organisations. The scholarships are available in two categories i.e., Indian nationals for Ph.D. in India and Nationals of other Asian countries for Ph.D. in India. JNMF offer fellowships and scholarships in the following fields or specialisations:
1. Science and Technology as an integral component of economic and social activity, including the Philosophy of Science
2. Studies in the life and works of Jawaharlal Nehru
3. Environmental Ecology and Sustainable Development
4. Indian History, Civilization and Culture
5. Comparative Studies in Religion and Culture
6. Interface of Social Change and Economic Development
7. International Relations and Constitutional Studies
Eligibility Requirements: Applicants should have a first class Postgraduate degree along with GATE / NET qualification. They must have registered / admitted for Ph.D. degree with a University / Institution in India in any one of the areas of specialization mentioned above. Age should be below 35 years at the time of applying. You must be a full-time Ph.D. Scholar. These scholarships are not offered for part time scholars.
Duration of the scholarship is generally up to 2 years. Scholarship will be offered from January 2012. The value of scholarship is Rs. 12,000 per month. You will also get Rs. 15,000 per annum as contingency grant. Application forms can be obtained from ‘Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi- 110011′ on cash payment of Rs. 100. Forms can also be downloaded from the website http://www.jnmf.in/sform.html . Filled in forms along with all necessary enclosures should be sent to the same address so as to reach on or before 31st May 2012. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org .