Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bangalore has announced notification for Summer Research Fellowships (SRF) for the year 2012. The JNCASR is a premier institute for research in Life Sciences, Material Sciences, Physical and Engineering Sciences. The students got selected under this program will be placed with scientists at the Centre (JNCASR) or elsewhere in India for a period of 2 months. They will be paid a stipend of Rs. 6000 /- per month and travel support as per the norms of the institute. Following are details of specialisations and areas of research:
1) Life Sciences: Infectious and non-infectious diseases, molecular biology, developmental biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, population dynamics, genetics, immunology, circadian biology, behavioural ecology, life-history evolution, evolutionary genetics, life-history evolution, animal behaviour, experimental evolution, phylogeography, behavioural neurobiology and behavioural genetics.
2) Materials Sciences including nano sciences, energy and green materials.
3) Chemical Sciences: Organic and asymmetric synthesis, theoretical and computational chemistry, Solid state chemistry, organic, physical and inorganic chemistry, polymer chemistry, supramolecular chemistry and chemistry of nanomaterials, medicinal and bio-organic chemistry.
4) Physical Sciences: Statistical physics, polymer physics, semiconductor materials physics, nano physics, Condensed matter theory and experiment, organic electronics, computational material science, biophysics, semiconductor interfaces, heterostructures, soft matter, physical metallurgy and transmission electron microscopy.
5) Engineering Sciences: Flow of complex fluids, Theoretical and computational fluid dynamics, experimental fluid mechanics, granular media, chemical engineering and non-linear dynamics, thermal science, mathematics
6) Atmospheric Sciences: Atmospheric boundary layer, radiation, solar-terrestrial relations, near surface environment, modelling, monsoon dynamics.
Eligibility Requirements: Applicants should have secured at least 80 percent marks in Maths and Science subjects in their 10th and 12th or its equivalent examinations. They should have first class marks in Graduation and Post Graduation ( if applicable for the fellowship). Students currently studying in I and II year of B.Sc., I, II and III year of B.E/ B.Tech., I year of M.Sc and I - IV years of Integrated M.Sc. can apply for Life Sciences and Mathematics streams. Students those studying in II year of B.Sc., II and III year of B.E / B.Tech., I year of M.Sc and II – IV year of Integrated M.Sc. courses can apply for Materials Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences and Atmospheric Sciences.
Interested candidates can download application form and details from http://www.jncasr.ac.in/srfp.php OR you can get the applications by sending a request in the prescribed format to The Assistant Coordinator, Summer Research Fellowship Programme, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Jakkur P.O., Bangalore 560 064. Last date for the receipt of completed applications is 02nd December 2011. Contact for more info at Phone: 080-22082776.