Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore popularly known as JNCASR released notification for Summer Research Fellowships Programme for the year starting 2011. These fellowships are offered in association with Department of Science and Technology and Rajiv Gandhi Foundation, New Delhi.
Eligibility Requirements: Candidates should have secured minimum 80 percent marks in Maths and Science subjects in their 10th class, Intermediates (plus two), Graduation and post graduation if applicable. You should be studying any of these courses: I and II year of B.Sc., I, II and III year of B.E / B.Tech., / B.V.Sc / B.Pharma./ I year of M.Sc and I - IV year of Integrated M.Sc.. Selected candidates will be offered Rs. 6000 per month with other supports from Govt. of India to stay in and carry research along with scientists.
Research Areas for fellowships:
1. For Life Sciences: Infectious and non-infectious diseases, developmental biology, bioinformatics, biochemistry, genetics, life-history evolution, immunology, molecular biology, circadian biology, evolutionary genetics, animal behavior, chronobiology, behavioral ecology, experimental evolution, behavior.
2. For Material Sciences: this also includes subjects like Nano Sciences, energy sciences and Green Materials.
3. For Chemical Sciences: Inorganic, physical, Solid state chemistry, theoretical/ computational chemistry, organic chemistry.
4. For Physical Sciences: Statistical physics, Condensed matter theory and experiment, biophysics, nano physics, semiconductor materials physics, polymer physics, computational material science, organic electronics, soft matter.
5. For Engineering Sciences: Experimental fluid mechanics, thermal science, granular media, Theoretical and computational fluid dynamics, chemical engineering and physical metallurgy, flow of complex fluids, non-linear dynamics including planetary dynamics.
6. Mathematics: Fundamental Groups, Simplicial Homology and Triangulations.
7. For Atmospheric Sciences: Atmospheric boundary layer, radiation, near-surface environment, monsoon dynamics, solar-terrestrial relations, modeling.
Last date for downloading application forms: 01-12-2010
Last date for receipt of cempleted applications: 10-12-2010 .
For application procedure and other details, please visit www.jncasr.ac.in/srfp.php
Address: The Assistant Coordinator, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Jakkur P.O., Bangalore 560 064.