Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bangalore is inviting applications for Project Oriented Chemical Education (POCE) and Project Oriented Biological Education (POBE) for the year 2011 as part of its Science Outreach Programme. The programmes are offered for 6-8 weeks during summer. Interested candidates can download application forms from the website www.jncasr.ac.in. The number of fellowships for each programmes will be 10 and selected candidates will get Rs. 6000 as scholarship / stipend per month. This is an excellent opportunity for B.Sc. Graduates to gain experience in quality research and increase their potential. Following are other details:
1. Project Oriented Chemical Education POCE 2011: Eligibility: Candidates should be studying B. Sc first year (PCM); Number of fellowships: 10; Students selected should work at the Centre for three consecutive periods of 6-8 weeks in their mid semester vacations. After the successful completion of the programme at the end of 3 years, the students will get Diploma in Chemistry from JNCASR. They are also eligible for admissio to MS / PhD programme of the Centre based on their performance in the interview.
2. Project Oriented Biological Education (POBE) 2011: Eligibility: Candidates should have studying first year B.Sc. (Preferably with Biology as a subject). No. of Fellowships is 10. All other procedures and terms are same as above. Those completed the programme of 6-8 weeks continuously for 3 years shall be eligible to get Diploma in Biology. They are also eligible for MS/ Ph.D. Programmes of the JNCASR after interviews.
Application forms should be accompanied by two confidential reports from the Referees and also attested copies of statement of marks.
Address to contact and get application form: The Assistant Coordinator, Fellowships and Extension Programmes, JNCASR, Jakkur, Bangalore- 560064.
1. Last date for receiving written request for application by post: 21 February 2011
2. Last date for download of Application form: 28 February 2011
3. Last date for submission of filled in application forms: 7th March 2011.