Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bangalore - a premier scientific research organisation has announced notification for its prestigious and innovative programs- Project Oriented Chemical Education (POCE) and Project Oriented Biological Education (POBE) for the year 2012. JNCASR is a deemed university. This is an excellent opportunity for B.Sc. Chemistry and Biology students to get exposure to the world class research environment. The programs will be conducted for 6-8 weeks during every summer from B.Sc. first year to third year. Interested candidates can download application forms from www.jncasr.ac.in / www.jncasr.ac.in/fe. Number of seats / fellowships in POCE and POBE is 10 for each program. Selected candidates will get Rs. 6000 as scholarship for three terms of the program.
1. POCE (Project Oriented Chemical Education) 2011: Applicants should be studying first year of B. Sc. Students of PCM group are preferred.
2. POBE (Project Oriented Biological Education) 2011: Applicants must be studying B.Sc. first year. Candidate with Biology as a subject will be preferable.
Selected students will have to work ar JNCASR for 6-8 weeks during every summer from first year to third year of B.Sc. Those successfully completed the program after 3 terms consecutively will get Diploma in Chemistry / Diploma in Biology from JNCASR. These candidates shall appear for the interviews to be conducted for admission to MS / PhD program of the institute. Applications must be enclosed by two confidential reports from the referees along with attested copies marks statements.
Contact at these address for details: The Assistant Coordinator, Fellowships and Extension Programmes, JNCASR, Jakkur, Bangalore- 560064. Following are important dates for applications:
1) Last date for download of application form from website: 24th February 2012
2) Last date for receipt of filled in application form: 5th March 2012.
3) Last date for the receipt of written request for application form by post: 16th February 2012.