Chemistry is the most difficult part of JEE Main Examination. Questions will be asked in various formats and types. Here we are giving Assertion and Reason type model questions. Key / Answers also given below the questions.
Assertion and Reason Type Questions:
Bubble (A) if both the statements are TRUE and ST–II is the correct explanation of ST– I
Bubble (B) if both the statements are TRUE but ST–II is NOT the correct explanation of ST– I
Bubble (C) if STATEMENT –I is TRUE and STATEMENT –II is FALSE
Bubble (D) if STATEMENT –I is FALSE and STATEMENT –II is TRUE.
1. Statement I: Polar protic solvent favours SN1 reaction
Statement II: Polar protic solvent initiates formation of carbocation
2. Statement I: Solubility of MII(OH)2 increases down the group
Statement II: Hydration energy of MII(OH)2 decreases down the group
3. Statement I: [Cr(OX)3]3– does not exhibit geometrical isomerism
Statement II: Oxalate ion acts as a mono dentate ligand
4. Statement I: Propanone and propanal can be distinguished by SeO2
Statement II: SeO2 oxidizes propanal to 2-Keto propanal
Basic property of ammonia and alkyl amines mainly depends on their degree of solvation. Electron donating groups increase the basic
strength while electron withdrawing groups decrease the basic strength.
5. Order of basic strengths among methyl substituted anilines follows:
A) o _ > m _ > p _
B) o _ > p _ > m _
C) p _ > o _ > m _
D) m _ > o _ > p _
Key: 1) B 2) C 3) C 4) D 5) C