Indian Statistical Institute is the most reputed institute for training in statistics and allied subjects. Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) has main campus at Kolkata. The ISI has announced admission notifications for the academic session 2012-13 for admission into various Under Graduate, Post Graduate, PG Diploma and Fellowship Programmes. ISI offer above courses in the disciplines of Statistics, Mathematics, Social and Natural sciences and conduct ISI Admission Test 2012 on 13th May 2012. The institute was founded by noted economist and statistician P.C. Mahalanobis. ISI has academic and research centers at Delhi and Bangalore. ISI offer stipend and fellowships for all eligible and deserved candidates in all courses. Following are details of programmes, eligibility, qualifications, fellowships and application procedure:
1) B.Stat. (Hons.): Duration is 3 years, Center: Kolkata
2) B.Math. (Hons.): Duration is 3 years, Center: Bangalore
3) M.Stat. : Duration is 2 years, Centers: Chennai, Delhi and Kolkata
4) M.Math.: Duration is 2 years, Centers: Kolkata and Bangalore
5) M.S. in Quantitative Economics: Duration is 2 years, Centers: Kolkata and Delhi
6) M.S. in Library and Information Science: Duration is 2 years, Center: Bangalore
7) M.Tech. in Computer Science: Duration is 2 years, Center: Kolkata
8) M.Tech. in Quality, Reliability and Operations Research: Duration is 2 years, Center: Kolkata
9) P.G. Diploma in Stat. Methods with Applications: Duration is 1 year, Center: Tezpur (Assam)
10) Certificate/Diploma course in Computer Programming & Applications: Duration is 1+1 years, Center : Kolkata
11) Part-time Certificate / Diploma course in SQC and OR: Duration is 1+1 years, Centers: Mumbai, Chennai.
12) Junior / Senior Research Fellowship: Duration is 2+3 years, Centers: Kolkata, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad.
13) Specialist Development Programme in SQC and OR: Duration is 2 years and offered at all centres.
ISI (Indian Statistical Institute) also awards Ph.D degree in Statistics, Computer Science, and Quality, Reliability and Operations Research, Mathematics, Quantitative Economics, and other subjects related to Statistics, to eligible research fellows. Candidates can obtain more details on eligibility, admission procedure, selection, seats, fee, course structure, placement and other details of various courses on http://www.isical.ac.in/academicprogramme.php .
1. Sale of prospectus and application form: February 2012 to March 2012
2. Last date for receipt of completed form: March 2012
3. Date of Selection Test (India and abroad): 13th May 2012