Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) is offering 2600 Scholarships for students of 10+ / ITI, Engineering, MBBS and MBA Courses on merit cum means basis. Candidates with parental income of less than Rs. 1 lakh per annum along with other qualifications mentioned below can apply online through http://applicationnew.com/ioclscholar2011 Selected 10 + / ITI candidates will get Rs. 1000 per month and all other candidates will receive Rs. 3000 per month as scholarship. Following are details of eligible courses, duration, number of scholarships and application procedure:
1. For 10+/ITI candidates: Duration of the scholarships: 2 years; Number of Scholarships: 2000; Eligibility: 10th class; Scholarship amount: Rs. 1000 per month.
2. For Engineering candidates: Duration of the scholarships: 4 years; Number of Scholarships: 300; Eligibility: 12th class; Scholarship amount: Rs. 3000 per month.
3. For MBBS candidates: Duration of the scholarships: 4 years; Number of Scholarships: 200; Eligibility: 12th clss; Scholarship amount: Rs. 3000 per month.
4. For MBA candidates: Duration of the scholarships: 2 years; Number of Scholarships: 100; Eligibility: Any Graduation; Scholarship amount: Rs. 3000 per month.
Eligibility Requirements: Candidates should be pursuing full time / regular courses in the above streams and they should be studying in Schools/ Colleges/ Institutions/ Universities recognized by regulatory bodies such as MCI/ AICTE/ State Education Boards/ State Govt. / ICSC/ CBSE/Central Govt./AIU are eligible to apply. The student should have got admission in the 1st year of concerned School / College/ Institute/ University in the academic year 2011-12. Applicants age must be between 15 - 30 years as on 25th July 2011.
Students who are pursuing two year full time post graduate courses in Business Administration / Management which are equivalent to MBA degree can apply for the scholarships in the management stream. Students with confirmed admission in the first year of Engineering, MBBS, MBA and also 11th standard as well as those in the 1st year of 2 year ITI course are also eligible to apply. Only full time courses will be considered. All the candidates should submit income certificate of the family for financial year 2010-11. The parental income should not exceed Rs. 1,00,000/- . Selection of the candidates will be based on the marks secured by the students in the qualifying examination and family's income.
Application Procedure: Candidates studying in 11th standard / First year of Higher Secondary education, 1st year of a 2 year ITI course, 1st year of Engineering degree, MBBS and MBA in the academic year 2011-12 can apply Online through http://applicationnew.com/ioclscholar2011. They should take system generated unique Registration Number along with a print-out of the submitted online application. Print out of the application along with other required documents should be sent to 'ACE Consultants, Post Box No. 9248, Krishna Nagar Head Post Office, Delhi-110051'. For more details, see http://www.iocl.com/Aboutus/Scholarships.aspx
1. Start of online application: 25th July 2011
2. Close of Online application: 15th September 2011.
3. Last date for the receipt of print outs of applications; 15th October 2011.