The Institute of Mathematics and Applications, Bhubaneswar is inviting applications for admission to its most innovative programs described below for the year 2011-12. IMA is offering two programs named B.Sc. (Hons) in Mathematics and Computing and M.A./ M.Sc. in Computational Finance. IMA is a specialised institute established by the Government of Orissa. The institute is affiliated the Utkal University. Following are details of the programs:
1. B.Sc. (Hons) in Mathematics and Computing: This is a full time course and the duration is 3 years. Pass-outs will have opportunities in academics and corporate houses. Admitted candidates will get a scholarship of Rs. 2500/- per month. Eligibility: Candidates should have passed OR appeared in Higher Secondary Examination with Mathematics as a subject.
2. M.A./M.Sc in Computational Finance: This is very innovative programme and first of its kind in India. Duration of the course is 2 years. Eligibility: Applicants should have passed or appeared final year exams of Bachelor’s Degree with Mathematics / Statistics as a core subject.
Application form and detailed prospectus can be obtained from Institute’s counter or can be downloaded from www.iomaorissa.org . Application fee for B.Sc. (Hons) in Mathematics and Computing is Rs 100/- and Rs. 350 for M.A/ M.Sc in Computational Finance. Fee should be in the form of DD in favour of 'Director, Institute of Mathematics and Applications' and payable at Bhubaneswar. No aplication fee is required for SC/ ST candidates.
1. Start of availability of application forms and prospectus:8th February 2011
2. Last date for receipt of completed application form: 8th April 2011
3. Date of entrance test: 18th May 2011
Contact address for details: Institute of Mathematics and Applications, Bhubaneswar;
Cell Phone: +91-9437025369 (Associate Dean); Website: www.iomaorissa.org, E-mail: email@example.com