Institute of Mathematics and Applications (IOMA), Bhubaneswar has announced admission notification for the academic year 2012-2013 for it's highly qualitative courses B.Sc. (Hons) in Mathematics and Computing and M.A/ M.Sc. and Diploma in Computational Finance. These courses are specialised programmes in the fields of Computing and Mathematics. Both of these programmes are approved by Govt. of Orissa and affiliated to Utkal University. Following are details of eligibility and application procedure:
1) B.Sc. (Hons) in Mathematics and Computing: Duration is three years. This is a full time course. The programme is aimed at motivating candidates to pursue research in mathematical sciences. Selected and meritorious candidates will get a scholarship of Rs 2500/- per month. Eligibility: Applicants should have passed / appeared Higher Secondary Examination or equivalent from any stream with Mathematics as a subject. Application fee is Rs 100. No application fee for SC/ST candidates.
2. M.A / M.Sc and Diploma in Computational Finance: This is a two year programme which aimed at providing practical skills and theoretical understanding of financial models that are being used in service sector. Eligibility: Applicants must have passed / appeared Bachelor’s Degree with Mathematics or Statistics as a core subject. Application fee is Rs 350.
Interested candidates can obtain application forms and prospectus from Institute’s counter from 10:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. OR you can download applications from www.iomaorissa.ac.in or obtain by post sending postal charge Rs 50/- and the appropriate fees in favour of Director, Institute of Mathematics and Applications payable at Bhubaneswar. For any clarifications, you can contact at firstname.lastname@example.org . Address of the institute: Institute of Mathematics and Applications (Government of Odisha), Andharua, Bhubaneswar - 751003, Phone: 0674 - 2386976 / 2386974.
1) Availability of application forms and prospectus : From 07th February 2012
2) Last date for the receipt of completed application form: 07th April 2012
3) Date of Entrance Test : May 18, 2012.