Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata issued admission notification 1 and 2 for the academic session 2011-12 for admission to various Graduate, Post Graduate, PG Diploma and Fellowship Programmes. The ISI is one of the highly prestigious institutes for education and research in Statistics, Mathematics, Social and Natural sciences. The institute is founded by P.C. Mahalanobis, one of the architects of India’s economic policy and five year planning. ISI has centers at Kolkata, Delhi and Bangalore and offers stipend for all deserved candidates in all courses. Following are details of courses, eligibility and application procedure:
1. 3 year B.Stat. (Hons.): Eligibility: 10+2 / Intermediate with with Mathematics and English. Stipend Rs. 800/- per month. The course is offered at Kolkata only.
2. 3 year B.Math. (Hons.): Eligibility and stipend are same as above. The course is offered at Bangalore. Those cleared the Indian National Mathematical Olympiad test conducted by the National Board for Higher Mathematics need not attend for written test for the above two courses and will be directly called for interview. But, they need to apply in the prescribed manner.
3. 2 year M.Stat: Eligiblity: Should have completed 3 year Bachelor’s degree with Statistics as full subject, OR B. Stat./B. Math. degree from ISI OR Statistician’s Diploma/ Senior Diploma in Statistics from the Indian Statistical Institute. Stipend Rs.1200/- per month. The Course is offered at Kolkata.
4. 2 year M.Math (Kolkata): Should have 3 years Bachelor’s degree OR B.E./B.Tech. degree with Mathematics OR B.Stat. / B.Math. from ISI. Stipend is Rs. 1200/- per month.
5. 2 Year Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Economics (Kolkata and Delhi): Eligiblity: Need 3 year Bachelor’s degree in Economics / Mathematics / Statistics/ Physics OR B.Stat. from ISI. Engineering graduates also can apply. Stipend is Rs.1200/- per month.
6. 2 Year Master of Science (M.S.) in Library and Information Science (Bangalore): Need 3 year Bachelor’s degree with 60 percent marks. Stipend is Rs. 1200/- per month.
7. 2 Year M.Tech. in Computer Science: Eligibility (Kolkata): Master's degree in Mathematics / Statistics / Physics / Electronic Sciences/ Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Information Technology / B.Sc. Engineering/ AMIE / GRAD-IETE / DOEACC ‘B’ Level). Stipend is Rs. 5000/- per month. Candidates with good GATE score would be directly called for interview.
8. 2 Year M.Tech. in Quality, Reliability and Operations Research (Kolkata): Eligibility: Master's in Statistics / Mathematics / Bachelor’s in Engineering/ Technology / PG diploma in SQC and OR from ISI. Stipend is Rs. 5000/- per month.
9. Junior Research Fellowship (JRF: These are available in Statistics / Mathematics / Quantitative Economics / Computer Science / Quality, Reliability and Operations Research / Biological Anthropology / Physics and Applied Mathematics / Agriculture and Ecology / Sociology / Geology / Psychology / Library and Information Science
Fellowships for applicants with M.E./M.Tech or equivalent is Rs. 14000/- per month and for others Rs. 12000/- per month. A special fellowship of Rs. 15000/- per month is also available for outstanding candidates in selected disciplines.
10. Post Graduate Diploma in Statistical Methods with Applications (at Tezpur, Assam): Eligibility: Bachelors Degree with Mathematics / B.E./ B.Tech in any discipline.
Selection of candidates will be based on past academic record, performance in written tests and interviews. Those appearing for their final year exams of qualifying degree also can apply. Details with Prospectus and application form can be obtained from the ISI offices at Kolkata, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad. Application fee is Rs. 450 (Rs. 225 for reserved candidates). Model papers / previous question papers of written test are available on the ISI website, www.isical.ac.in in PDF format. Candidates can download application forms from this website. Address: Indian Statistical Institute, 203, BT Road, Kolkata- 700108.
1. Sale of Prospectus and Application Form: 09 February 2011 to 07 March 2011
2. Last date for receipt of completed form: 28 March 2011
3. Date of Selection Test (India and abroad): 08 May 2011