Dream of studying abroad can not be stopped if you are not able to crack a fellowship offered by foreign agencies and foundations such as Ford, Commonwealth, and Fulbright etc. There are so many Indian organizations offering scholarships and financial aid for talented students to realize their foreign education dreams. Corporate companies like Tata, Mahindra, ITC, Birla etc. are offering study abroad fellowships for candidates with good academic record. You should have successfully admitted in an accredited foreign educational institution to apply for most of these scholarships. Some foundations offer fellowships for identified disciplines and subjects. Professional courses like Engineering and Management are the priority disciplines for most of the foundations.
Indian Foundations and Trusts screen candidates at various stages. You need to complete formalities like references, research proposals, statement of purpose along with visa and passport requirements. Some foundations offer full assistance and some others grand aid towards tuition fee and important academic expenses only. Most of the organizations send the aid directly to the institution concerned. Following are some of the famous scholarships offered by Indian Foundations and some other in partnership with Indian trusts. Meritorious students from disadvantaged sections of society are encouraged by most of the foundations.
1. DFID Shared Scholarship. Website: www.britishcouncil.org
2. JN Tata Endowment Loan scholarship. Website: www.tata.com
3. Lady Meherbhai D Tata Scholarships. Email: email@example.com
4. UKIERI Doctoral Scholarship for Research in identified areas of specialization. Visit www.britishcouncil.org for more details.
5. KC Mahindra Loan Scholarship (nanhikali.org)
6. ITC Overseas scholarships. Address: ITC Centre, 37, Chowringhee, Calcutta
7. HSBC Scholarships. Web: www.hsbc.co.in
8. Debesh - Kamal Scholarships for Higher Education / Research Abroad. Address: Ramkrishna Mission, Golpark, Calcutta.
9. Mariwala Trust Loan Scholarship. Address: Kanmoor House , 281/87, Narsi Natha Street, Mumbai.