The Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) has issued admission notification for January - May 2012 Session for Ph.D. and MS by Research Programmes. IITM is established as an autonomous institute in 1959 by the Government of India and presently one of the leading technical institute in India. IIT Madras offer research studies through Ph.D and M.S (by research) programmes in the faculties of engineering, science, Humanities and Management. Following are details of eligibility and application procedure:
1) Ph.D. in Engineering: Applicants should have Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology with excellent academic record OR they should have Master’s degree by Research in Engineering / Technology. Candidates with Master’s degree in Sciences and with a valid GATE score or UGC/ CSIR NET/ NBHM are also eligible.
2) M.S. in Engineering: Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Technology with valid GATE score OR should have Master’s degree in appropriate Sciences / Management / Humanities and Social Sciences. Candidates need valid scores of GATE / CSIR / UGC NET/ NBHM/ JMET/ CAT/ AIMA.
Scholars admitted into Ph.D. and M.S. programmes of IIT Madras under full time mode are eligible for the Teaching / Research Assistantship (HTRA). They will get from Rs. 16000 to Rs. 18000 per month based on the qualification and discipline. Selection procedure: Selection of the candidates will be based on personal interview and / or test to be conducted by IITM. You can obtain more details from http://www.iitm.ac.in/phdms-admission-for-jan-may-2012-semester .
1) Opening of registration of application forms: 18th September 2011
2) Last date for registration of applications through online: 21st October 2011
3) Interview and or test: 14th November 2011 to 19th November 2011