Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has issued notification for admission to Vertically Integrated Engineering Programme (VIEP) 2011-2012 session. The programmes are offered in full time face to face Advanced Level Certificate, Diploma and Degree programmes in Engineering in flexible open university system. IGNOU is the largest university in the world in terms of student enrollments and study centers. Following are details of specializations offered under VIEP programmes:
1. Civil Engineering (CE)
2. Electrical Engineering (EE)
3. Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE)
4. Mechanical Engineering (ME)
5. Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
For Advanced Level Certificate Course and Diploma in Engineering:
1) 1st Year to Advanced Level Certificate: 10th pass with minimum 50 percent marks. Duration is 2 years.
2)1st Year Diploma: Eligibility is same as above; Duration is 3 years.
3) Lateral Entry to Diploma: Eligibility: 10+2 years ITI Certificate in Engineering or 10+2 vocational courses. Duration is 2 years / Two years Advanced Certificate Course in Engineering awarded by IGNOU. Duration is one year.
Eligibility for Degree in Engineering:
1) 1st Year: 10+2 pass (PCM) with minimum 50 percent marks. Duration is 4 years.
2) Lateral Entry: 3 years diploma in any branch / B.Sc. (PCM) / BCA / BCS. BCA / BCS candidates are eligible for EE/ ECE/ CSE branches. Duration is 3 years.
Program fee per semester:
1. Advanced level certificate programme: Rs. 12500/-
2. Diploma Programme: Rs. 12500/-
3. Degree programme: Rs. 25000/-
Interested candidates can apply online only through the official website www.ignouviep.org . Before starting the online application submission procedure, the candidate should have with him the DD of Rs.100/ (drawn in favour of IGNOU VIEP INSTITUTIONS FEE A/C and payable at New Delhi). Filled in online application form should be taken as a print out and should be sent along with the DD of Rs.100/- to 'DIrector - VIEP, New Hall, School of Engineering and Technology (SOET), Block-C, New Academic Complex, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Maidam Garhi,New Delhi- 110068.
1) Close of online applications: 10/08/2011
2) Last date for the receipt of print out of filled online Application Form: 12/08/2011
3) Allotment of students to the program study centers: 14th August 2011
4) Reporting of students at allotted PSCs for admission / enrollment: From 10th August 2011 to 14th August 2011.
5) Commencement of classes at PSCs: 16th August 2011
For more details such as eligibility for Advanced level Certificate Courses, Diploma in Engineering and Degree in Engineering, you can visit the official website www.ignouviep.org. OR call at following helpline numbers for admissions:
1) Mobile Nos: 9311394696/ 9311394699/ 9311394695
2) Landlines: 011-32085173/ 011-32085174 (Between 10 A.M to 6.00 PM)