Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai has announced admission notification 2012-2013 for PG and Research Courses. IGIDR is inviting applications for admission to M.Sc. (Economics), M.Phil/ PhD. (Development Studies) and Ph.D. External Registration (Development Studies) for the year commencing from August 2012. Separate notification is issued for Ph.D. External registration procedure. Following are details of all the programmes:
1. M.Sc. (Economics): Duration is 2 years and course will start from August 2012. Eligibility: Applicants should have completed B.A. / B.Sc. in Economics/ B.Com./ B.Stat./ B.Sc. (Physics or mathematics) / B.Tech./ B.E. with minimum second calss for Economics subject and first class for other disciplines. Candidate must have studied mathematics at the higher secondary level.
2. M.Phil. / Ph.D. (Development Studies): Duration of M.Phil is two years and Ph.D. programme is four years. Eligibility: Should have M.A. / M.Sc in Economics/ M.Stat./ M.Sc. (Physics or Mathematics or Environmental Science or Operations Research)/ M.B.A./ M.Tech./ M.E./ B.Tech./ B.E. with at least 55 percent aggregate marks for Economics discipline and 60 percent aggregate marks for other disciplines. You should have studied Mathematics at the higher secondary level. M.Phil./ Ph.D. students shall get a monthly stipend of Rs.12,000/- and Ph.D. candidates will receive a monthly stipend of Rs.18,000/- from third year.
3. External Ph.D. Programme (Development Studies): Applicants should have M.A . / M.Sc in Economics/ M.Stat./ M.Sc. (Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Environmental Science or Operations Research)/ M.B.A./ M.Tech./ M.E./ B.Tech./B.E. with at least 55 percent aggregate for Economics and 60 percent marks for other disciplines. Selection will be based on only interview.
Selection Procedure for M.Sc., M.Phil/ Ph.D. consists of written test and an interview. The written test contains questions from general aptitude, analytical ability and mathematical skills. Those qualified in written test will be called for interview at IGIDR around June 2012.
Interested candidates can download application forms from the IGIDE website www.igidr.ac.in . Application fee is Rs. 500 and it should be paid as DD drawn in favour of 'Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR)' payable at Mumbai. Filled in forms along with required enclosures should be sent to 'Students Office, IGIDR, Gen. A.K. Vaidya Marg, Santosh Nagar, Goregaon (East), Mumbai 400 065'. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested candidates can also apply online through IGIDR website http://www.igidr.ac.in/admission.php. Candidates can also apply online using the above mentioned website. Online application fee is Rs. 300 only.
1. Last date for issue of application forms by post: March 19, 2012
2. Last date for receipt of completed application forms / Online applications: March 23, 2012
3. Date of Written test: April 2012 (Tentative)
4. Last date to apply online for External Ph.D.: April 2012 (Tentative).