Cost and Work Accountancy (CWA) is gaining momentum and turning attractive with increasing corporatisation of companies. Companies at small, medium and major levels require cost accountants. The profession and image of Cost Accountancy has been under transformation with increasing importance of service sector in the economy. Apartment from core industrial sector, Outsourcing companies have become major source of employment for cost accountancy qualifiers.
Institute of Cost and works Accountants of India (ICWAI) is the chief patron of Cost and Work Accountancy courses in India. The ICWAI conducts examinations at three stages. These are Foundation, Intermediate and Final. Interested candidates can appear for Foundation course immediately after 10+2. You can also register for the Foundation during Intermediate / +2 itself but need to attempt the exam after 12th exams only.
All those passed in Foundation can take up Intermediate Exams and those qualified in Intermediate will be eligible for Final exams. Candidates can find ample opportunities with pass in Intermediate itself. Companies recruit Intermediate qualifiers fir entry level jobs. The ICWAI has regional chapters in all regions of the country. It also has sub regional chapters in all major towns and cities. Candidates can register their names with any of the nearest chapters.
Those registered for CWA course have to take oral or postal coaching. The ICWAI conducts oral coaching classes at the convenient timings for various student groups. For those not possible to attend oral coaching classes, ICWAI provides postal coaching with nominal fee. Following are addresses of ICWAI regional chapters:
1. The Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India, 12, Sudder Street, Calcutta- 700016 West Bengal (Headquarters).
2. Western India Regional Council of ICWAI, Rohit Chambers, Ghoga Street, Fort, Mumbai- 400001.
3. Eastern India Regional Council of ICWAI, 84, Harish Mukherjee Road,Calcutta -700025.
4. Southern India Regional Council of ICWAI, 65, Montieth Road, Egmore, Chennai-600008 Tamil Nadu.
5. Northern India Regional Council of ICWAI,3 Institutional Area, Lodi Road, New Delhi- 110003.
6. The Secretary, Trichur Chapter of ICWAI, IV/294, Tana, Irinjalakuda- 680121.
7. The Secretary, Trivandrum Chapter of ICWAI, TE9/881-1, Jawahar Lane, Vellayambalam, Trivandrum-10.
8. The Secretary, Palakkad Chapter of ICWAI, Kits College, Court Road, Palakkad- 678001.
9. The Secretary, Cochin Chapter of ICWAI, ICWA Bhavan, DoorNo.36/897-A, Judge Avenue, Kaloor, Cochin-17.
10. The Secretary, Kottayam Chapter of ICWAI, Baselius College Buildings, Kottayam-1.