The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi has announced notification for it’s 17th AIEEA-UG-2012 (For Under Graduation Courses) and also for AIEEA-PG-2012 (For Post Graduate Courses). All the seats in ICAR- Deemed Universities (Bachelors degree at NDRI Karnal and Master degrees at IARI, NDRI, IVRI and CIFE), State Agricultural Universities, Central Agricultural University Imphal, Central Universities with Agricultural Faculty such as Banaras Hindu University – Viswa Bharati, Nagaland University and Aligarh Muslim University (for PG only) and SHIATS Allahabad for the academic session 2012-13 will be filled through these entrance examinations.
1) Bachelor Degree Programs: These are B.Sc., B.Tech., B.F.Sc. etc. All these are in the subjects of Agriculture, Fisheries, Forestry, Horticulture, Agricultural Engineering, Sericulture, Biotechnology, Home Science, Food Science, Agricultural Marketing, Dairy Technology, Banking and Co-operation.
2) Master’s Degree Programs: M.Sc. and M.Tech courses are offered in the fields of Horticulture, Forestry, Agriculture, Home Science, Agriculture Engineering, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Fisheries, Dairy Technology, Veterinary and allied sciences. ICAR will award National Talent Scholarships (NTS) based on UG Examination and 475 ICAR Junior Research Fellowships(JRF) will be awarded to the candidates admitted in Masters degrees. Age limit for AIEEA-UG-2012 is between 17 – 23 years and for AIEEA-PG-2012, it should be more than 19 years as on 31st August 2012.
Qualifications: For UG Entrance test, applicants should have passed in 10+2 or Intermediate with at least 50 percent marks with PCMB, PCM, PCA, PCB or PCH subject combinations. Compartmental and supplementary candidates are not eligible for any test. Those appearing in the final year of regular courses also eligible. For PG entrance exam, candidates should have Bachelor’s degree in the field of Veterinary, Agricultural Engineering, Agriculture, Horticulture, Fisheries, Sericulture, Dairy Technology, Home Science, Forestry, Agriculture Marketing Banking and Cooperation, Computer Science, Dairy Engineering, Biotechnology, Process and Food Engineering, Food Science and Technology, Basic and allied sciences.
Nature of Question Paper for AIEEA-UG-2012: In this test, there will be only one question paper with 180 objective type multiple choice questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Agriculture) for STREAM–A candidates and questions will be from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for STREAM–B candidates. Question Paper for AIEEA-PG-2012 will be a single one with questions from each major subject group in respective paper as chosen by the candidate. The paper consists of 150 multiple choice objective type questions along with 10 cross matching type questions.
Application procedure: Interested candidates can download application forms from www.icar.org.in. Application fee for
AIEEA-UG-2012 is Rs. 500/- (Rs. 250/- for SC., ST. and PH. candidates) and for AIEEA-PG-2012, fee is Rs. 600/- (Rs. 300/- for SC., ST. and PH. candidates). Application forms can also be obtained from Registrars of Agricultural Universities or also from designated branches of Syndicate Bank.
1) Last date for submission of applications to both UG and PG Entrance Tests: 15th February 2012
2) Last date for Remote Areas: 22nd February, 2012
3) UG Examination: 14th April 2012
4) PG Examination: 15th April 2012.