Chartered Accountants (CAs) are among the highly paid professionals in the world. The Chartered Accountancy has been known as noble profession and these professionals are very crucial for any company. The CA course is considered to be very tough as the pass percentage always very less. Candidates should have appetite for statistics along with strong aptitude for finance, mathematics, law, accounts etc.
Chartered Accountancy can be studied in two ways. Those with minimum 50 percent marks in graduation with commerce as a main subject can register for Intermediate (PE-I). Students from other branches need at least 60 percent marks at the graduation stage. Interested candidates can pursue CA after Intermediate / 10+2. They need to clear Foundation course. Articleship is very crucial part of the CA course and candidates will be trained in the practical assignments of the profession during this period.
The aspirants of CA profession need proficiency in Numerical skills. They should work very hard on their own and self motivation is very important to succeed in the course and also to excel in the profession. Important subjects in the Foundation course are Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Mercantile Law and Economics. A fresh Chartered Accountant (CA) can get a salary of minimum Rs. 25000 per month and can expect Rs. 50000 with 2-3 years experience. All types of industries and companies offer jobs for CAs.
The Institute of Chartered Accountant of India (ICAI) has regional centers and chapters across the country. Following are the addresses of the regional chapters of the ICAI. Candidates can register their names at any of the centers or chapters of ICAI. Here is the list:
1. ICAI Head Quarters: The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Indraprastham Marg, NewDelhi- 110002.
2. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Southern Region Council, 122, M.G. Road, P.B.No. 3314, Nungambakkam,Chennai-660034.
3. Western India Regional Council of The Institute of Chartered Accountant of India ICAI Bhawan, 27, Cuffe Parade Post Box No. 6081, Colaba, Mumbai – 400005
4. Eastern India Regional Council of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, 7, Anandilal Poddar Sarani (Russell Street), Kolkata – 700071.
5. Central India Regional of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, Post Box No. 314, 16/77 B Civil Lines Kanpur – 208001.
Websites of ICAI Regional Centers/ Chapters:
1. Main Website: www.icai.org
2. Western Region: www.wirc-icai.org
3. Southern Region: www.sircoficai.org
4. Eastern Region: www.eirc-icai.org
5. Central Region: www.circ-icai.org
6. Northern Region: www.nirc-icai.org