Books are the best friends during summers and great books are friends forever. There are many such books and a sample of them is provided in Box No.1 (Fiction) and Box No.2 (Non-Fiction). These books provide the insights into the experiences of people who lived through them. Thus by reading them one would acquire the cumulative experience of them all in a short time.
1. The Karamazov Brothers by Fyodor Dostoevsky
2. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
3. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
4. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
5. The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells
6. A Room With a View by E. M. Forster
7. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
8. The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
9. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
10. Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
1. As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
2. A Manual for Living by Epectitus
3. The University of Hard Knocks by- Ralph Parlette.
4. The Power of the Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy.
5. The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino
6. Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck.
7. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
8. The Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason
9. Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker
10. How to Make Millions With Your Ideas: An Entrepreneur's Guide by Dan S. Kennedy
Apart from books, you can also try these out of the box activities:
Arts, Sports and Games: Music and dance are the best forms of recreation and re-charging. Join these forms of art or any others such as painting, sculpting, etc. to bring out your creative talent. If you are a sports buff, join a sports camp for playing tennis, badminton, volley ball, basket ball, cricket, or any other game of your choice. You can even choose to play some indoor games such as chess, caroms, table tennis, etc.
Health and Medicine: Attend programs in meditation, yogasana, pranayama which will help better health management. Alternatively attend programs on health management, beauty management, medication programs for self and community, health awareness campaigns, etc.
Community Development: Join and actively participate in community development initiative through your local resident’s welfare association, youth empowerment organization, women welfare society, senior citizens organization or any other organization which has community development objectives. Municipal Corporation too has some such initiatives, which could provide a platform for community development.