Following are previous question papers for GATE Electronics and Communications subject. The EC papers are given for the benefit of GATE aspirants. Candidates can download these question papers and practice at their convenience. Following are some model questions from the previous question papers. You can see the details of complete papers at the end of these model questions.
1) The eigen values of a skew - symmetric matrix are....
A) Always zero
B) Always pure imaginary
C) Either zero or pure imaginary
D) Always real
2) For a parallel RLC circuit, which one of the following statements is NOT correct?
A) The bandwidth of the circuit decreases if R is increased
B) The bandwidth of the circuit remains same if L is increased
C) At resonance, input impedance is a real quantity
D) At resonance, the magnitude of input impedance attains its minimum value
3) Thin gate oxide in a CMOS process is preferably grown using
A) wet oxidation
B) dry oxidation
C) epitaxial deposition
D) ion implantation
4) Choose the most appropriate word from the options given below to complete the following sentence:
His rather casual remarks on politics --------- his lack of seriousness about the subject.
5) 25 persons are in room. 15 of them play hockey. 17 of them play foot ball and 10 of them play both hockey and football. Then the number of persons playing neither hockey nor football is :
6) 5 skilled workers can build a wall in 20 days. 8 semi-skilled workers can build a wall in 25 days. 10 unskilled workers can build a wall in 30 days. If a team has 2 skilled, 6 semi - skilled and 5 unskilled workers, how long will it take to build the wall?
A) 20 Days
B) 18 Days
C) 16 Days
D) 15 Days