Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India level competitive examination for admission into Post Graduate Engineerng, Technology and Pharmacy courses in IITs, NITs and number of other engineering and pharmacy colleges for the academic year 2012-13. GATE scores will also be used for Ph.D. admission in many institutions. The GATE 2012 examination will be conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordination Board - GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The GATE committee, which comprises of representatives from the administering institutes, is the sole authority for regulating the examination and declaring the results as per the schedule. More details also can be obtained from http://gate.iitd.ac.in/GATE/index.php . Following are other details such as eligibility, results, application procedure etc.
GATE is conducted across the country through the constitution of eight zones. The zones and the corresponding administrative institutes are as follows:
1. IIT Delhi : www.iitd.ac.in
2. IIT Bombay : www.iitb.ac.in
3. IIT Guwahati : www.iitg.ernet.in
4. IIT Kanpur : www.iitk.ac.in
5. IIT Kharagpur : www.iitkgp.ernet.in
6. IIT Madras : www.iitm.ac.in
7. IIT Roorkee : www.iitr.ernet.in
8. IISc website: www.iisc.ernet.in
GATE 2012-13 will be conducted in the following papers / disciplines: 1. Computer Science (CS) 2. Electronics and Communications (EC) 3. Electronics and Electrical (EE) 4. Instrumentation (IN) 5. Mechanical (ME) 6. Civil (CE) 7. Production Engineering (PI) 8. Life Sciences (LS)
Eligibility: Applicants those willing to appear for GATE 2011 should have any one of the following qualifications:
1) BE/ B.Tech/ B.Arch in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years course after 10+2). Those in final year also eligible.
2) Master's degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications and also those in final year of these courses.
3) Candidates who are in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering OR Technology.
4) Candidates in the 4th / higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering or Technology.
5) Candidates with professional exams recognized by UPSC / AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech are also eligible to apply.
Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Basic Sciences candidates also can appear for GATE exam and join in M.Tech. / Ph.D. courses in reputed institutions. Details of GATE Life Sciences is also available on this blog in another post.
1) Commencement of online application submission: 12th September 2011
2) Last date for submission of online application: 17 October 2011
3) Last date for the receipt of printed version of online application at the respective zonal GATE Offices: 24th October 2011
4) GATE 2012 Online Examination : 29th January 2012
5) GATE 2012 Offline Examination for Papers: BT, CE, CH, CS, ME, PH and PI: 12th February 2012.
6) GATE 2012 Offline Examination for Papers CY, EC, EE, IN, MA, MT, XE and XL : 12th February 2012
7) Announcement of GATE 2012 results: 15th March 2012