Gitam University, a reputed and prestigious deemed university in the country issued admission notification for the academic year 2011-12. The University conducts GAT 2011 (Gitam Admission Test - 2011) to short list candidates for different courses. Admission to Bachelor, Post Graduate and PG Diploma courses will be done through GAT 2011. GITAM has campuses at Visakhapatnam and Hyderabad. The University has been ranked No.1 deemed university in Andhra Pradesh and ranked at No. 4 in All India level. There are 1880 seats in various courses at Visakhapatnam Campus and Hyderabad Campus has 1060 seats for different disciplines. GITAM has the distinction of appointing 40 Ph.D. Degree holders as faculty members. Following are details of courses, eligibility for GAT 2011 and application procedure.
1. B.Tech – 4 years
2. M.Tech. - 2 years
3. MCA (Master of Computer Applications) - 3 years
4. B.Pharmacy - 4 years
5. M. Pharmacy – 2 years ( all modern specializations are available)
6. BBM – 3 years
7. Integrated MBA- 5 years duration after Intermediate.
8. MBA ( Specialisations available are… International Business, International Banking and Finance, Logistics & Supply Chain Management and Retail Management)
10. M.Sc. (Management)
11. PG Advanced Diploma in Risk Insurance Management
Eligibility: For Graduate Programmes, candidates should have passed in 10+2 / Intermediate with minimum 60 percent marks. Eligible candidates can apply through either online or offline method. Application forms are available at designated branches of Union Bank of India and Indian Bank. You can download applications from the website as well. The University also starting B.Arch. (Architecture) and B.Tech. (Aeronautics) from coming academic year.
Gitam University is also offering different fee waiver schemes for highly meritorious and talented candidates. Complete details of these schemes are available on website of GITAM www.gitam.edu . GAT 2011 is an online test with a time duration of two hours. The question paper of GAT will be in objective multiple choice type. The test will be administered across the country and also in all important towns of Andhra Pradesh. For application procedure , fee payment, examination pattern, or any other information, candidates shall visit www.gitam.edu . To apply online, please visit official page at http://projects.eduquity.com/gitamregistration/instructions.aspx
1. Last Date for receipt of completed applications: 15-03- 2011
2. Online GAT Dates: 16- 04- 2011 to 05- 05- 2011
3. Phone number: 0891-2840525
4. Email: email@example.com
5. Address: Gitam University, Gandhi Nagar, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam - 530 045, Andhra Pradesh, India.