A student with sharp intellect is a primary requirement to get success in a career whether it is academic or corporate. But obviously the next thing requires is financial ability of the family. Though there are several national and international fellowships are available and good students are availing those to grow academically and professionally but good financial strength lowers the dependency of the fellowship and helps in having time and setting one’s own way of life. For instance obtaining higher education in India or abroad always differs at least in the views of the recruiters (govt. or private).
So an academically sound student with a very good career finally have to seek a good post doc abroad to fetch a decent job in his own country where as an average merit fellow who has better financial strength can move early for a MS or PhD degree and secure a good position after coming back. Therefore, financial issue is obviously a crucial point in building a better career. Following are sources of financial support for Science students at Graduation and Higher levels:
1. CSIR fellowships: Complete list of various fellowships available on www.csirhrdg.res.in
2. Junior Research Fellowship JRF through CSIR-NET Exam
3. Senior Research Fellowship (SRF)
4. Research Associateship (RA)
5. Senior Research Associateship (SRA)
6. CSIR Nehru Post Doctoral fellowship
7. ICMR fellowship: See www.icmr.nic.in for more details of these fellowships.
8. Junior Research Fellowship
9. Senior Research Fellowship
10. ICMR post doctoral fellowship
11. DBT fellowships:
12. DBT INSPIRE fellowship