Following is the EDCET 2012 Mathematics Question Paper with Key. The complete question paper with Part A and Part B along with Mathematics Section is available through the link given below these model questions. These questions also taken from the Mathematics question paper. You can skip these questions if you want and directly go down for the link to the Question Paper. We hope the question paper will be much useful for the EDCET appearing candidates. Answers to the questions also available on the question paper itself. See some model questions here.
1. The true statement among the following is
1. Every Scalar matrix is an identity matrix.
2. Every identity matrix is scalar matrix.
3. Every diagonal matrix is an identity matrix.
4. A square matrix each of whose element is one is on identity matrix.
2. The rank of a matrix whose elements are all unity is
1. Greater than on 2. Equal to one
3. Zero 4. A prime number
3. The false statement among the following is
1. C is a vector space over C
2. R is a vector space over R
3. C is a vector space over R
4. R is a vector space over C
4. If the characteristic of an integral domain is not zero, then it is
1. a prime number 2. always as even integer
3. a composite number 4. always an odd integer
5. Every integral domain can be embedded in
1. a field 2. a maximal ideal 3. an ideal 4. a quotient ring
6. The number of generators of a cyclic group of order 16 is
1. 2 2. 4 3.8 4. 12
7. A finite non - zero ring R without zero divisors is
1. a field 2. an integral domain
3. a skew field 4. a communicative ring