1. Which of the following vertebrates can't receive air borne sounds?
A) Flightless birds
B) Blind worms
1) Both B and C
2) Both C and D
3) Both A and C
4) Both B and D
2. The taxa of systematics hierarchy given by Linnaeus are-
1) Kingdom, Class, Order, Genus, Species
2) Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Species
3) Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus
4) Class, Order, Family, Genus, Subspecies
3. Urochordate ancestry of vertebrates was elaborated byß
1) Garstang and Romer
2) Hyman and Haeckel
3) Berril and Romer
4) Garstang and Hyman
4. Multicellular epidermal mucus glands appeared first in-
1) Ostracoderms 2) Cyclostomes 3) Osteichthyes 4) Amphibians
5. Leopard, Wolf, Bears are described under the same taxonomic category called
1) Ursidae 2) Canidae 3) Felidae 4) Carnivora
6. Assertion(A): Physiologically Hemichordates act as bridge between non-chordates and chordates
Reason (R): In Hemichordates muscle phosphogens are both phospho creatine and phospho argenine
1) Both 'A' and 'R' are correct. 'R' is correct explanation for 'A'.
2) Both 'A' and 'R' are correct but 'R' is not correct explanation for 'A'.
3) 'A' is true but 'R' is false.
4) Both 'A' and 'R' are false.
7. The concept of species is NOT applicable to
1) Sexually reproducing organisms
2) Organisms which have a common ecological niche
3) Organisms which have similar structural and functional characteristics
4) Asexually reproducing organisms
8. Read the following.
I) Endostyle of chordates is evolved from adoral band clia of Auricularia.
II) Circumoral ciliary bands of Auricularia are modified into dorsal nerve cord of chordates.
III) Auricularia undergone neoteny to form early chordate Some of the above are related to the Origin of Chordates explained by Garstang.
Choose the correct
1) I & II 2) II & III 3) I & III 4) I, II, III
9. Taxonomic categories of human are given below
Choose the correct descending sequence.
1) CDBAFE 2) EFBADC 3) BADCFE 4) CDABFE
10. Assertion (A): Urochordate ancestry of chordates states that sessile adult stage of tunicates is evolved into free swimming
Reason (R): Larvae of tunicates underwent neoteny and produced free swimming paedomorphic adult
1) Both 'A' and 'R' are correct but 'R' is not correct explanation
2) A is true but R is false
3) Both 'A' and 'R' are correct. R is correct explanation for A
4) Both 'A' and 'R' are false
11. Read the following
KINGDOM INTRODUCED BY CHARACTERISTICS
A) Monera Copeland Unicellular, Prokaryotes
B) Protista Huxley Unicellular, Eukaryotes
C) Fungi Whittaker Haploid multicellular saprobes
D) Animalia Linnaeus Only multicellular heterotrophs
Choose the correct combinations
1) A & C 2) B & D
3) C & D 4) A & D
12. In chordates, which of the following show the origin from two primary germ layers?
1) Nerve cord 2) Notochord 3) Gill slits 4) Endostyle
13. Read the following statements
1) Middle ear osscicle of amphibians is columella auris
II) Columella auris is modified hyomandibula of hyoid arch of fishes
III) Tympanum is present in all living amphibians
Which of the above is Incorrect?
1) II 2) III 3) both I & II 4) both II & III
14. Urochordates without atrium and atrial aperture
1) Ascidians 2) Lancelets 3) Thaliaceans 4) Appendicularians
15. Match the following
LIST - I LIST - II
A) Herbert Spencer I) Origin of Species
B) Darwin II) Inheritance laws
C) Mendal III) Evolution
D) Bateson IV) Historia Generalis
E) Jonh Ray V) Genetics
Correct match is
1) A-III, B-I, C-V, D-II, E-IV
2) A-V, B-III, C-II, D-I, E-IV
3) A-IV, B-III, C-II, D-I, E-V
4) A-III, B-I, C-II, D-V, E-IV
16. The first vertebrates are
1) bony fishes
2) lobe-finned fishes
3) jawless fishes
17. Following are some stages that appeared in the evolution of Acorn worms.
A) Sessile arm-feeder
D) Modern tunicates
E) Gill filter feeding
F) Primitive echinoderms
Arrange them in correct sequence
1) A, E, C 2) A, B, E, C
3) A, F, D, C 4) A, D, B, C
18. The jaws of vertebrates are evolved from
1) Hyoid arch 2) Mandibular arch
3) Last visceral arch 4) Hyomandibula
19. In which of the following body cavity is present between mesoderm and gut?
1) Chordata 2) Platyhelminthes 3) Nematoda 4) Annelida
ANSWERS : 1-4, 2-1, 3-3, 4-4, 5-4, 6-1, 7-4, 8-3, 9-4, 10-3, 11-1, 12-3, 13-2, 14-4, 15-4, 16-3, 17-1, 18-2, 19-3.