Following are model questions for DSC Recruitment – School Assistants (English Content). The questions are from Language Elements. Answers are given in the full document for which link is available at the end of these model questions:
1. Which of the following is good advice for taking notes from a lecture?
a) Attend only the lectures you believe will be the most important.
b) Date your notes for later reference and sit near the front of the room.
c) Get emotionally involved.
d) Avoid detail while taking notes.
2. In writing Curriculum Vitae, when salary history is required in the advertisement concerned, one should ….
a) ignore the request. This information may damage one’s ability to compete for the position.
b) include this information in its own document and submit it with the Curriculum Vitae.
c) include this information in the cover letter.
d) quote his salary history in all fictitious terms.
3. What two factors should be a consideration when choosing the size of the paper you will use to write a letter on?
1. How much information you have to impart
2. How large or small you write
3. The size of your envelope
4. The formality of your letter
a) 1 and 2 b) 2 and 3 c) 3 and 4 d) 4 and 1
4. Select the correctly punctuated sentence in this group.
a) My favourite teacher, who just happens to be my uncle, retired from the university last summer.
b) My favourite teacher who just happens to be my uncle, retired from the university last summer.
c) My favourite teacher, who just happens to be my uncle retired from the university last summer.
d) My favourite teacher who just happens to be my uncle retired from the university last summer.
5. A graphic visual organizer attained in Trans-coding Information is perceived as ….
a) a summarized paragraph. b) an improvised gadget
c) a diagram d) a grid
6. The teacher said he would not brook such outrageous conduct in the classroom. The meaning of the word underlined is ….
a) bridge b) abide c) refute d) resent
7. What a comely countenance! Choose the appropriate antonym to the word underlined.
a) ugly b) striking c) elegant d) chic