Here are General English questions from DIETCET previous question papers. Candidates appearing for DIETCET can practice these questions. Key is provided below the questions.
1. How did the Tortoise get a shell? Do you know?
From the following choose the suitable question which is formed after
combining the above two questions.
1) How did the tortoise get a shell you know?
2) Do you know how the tortoise got a shell?
3) Do you know how did the tortoise get a shell?
4) Do you know how the tortoise get a shell?
2. If ........... you can go to the Gir National Park.
Fill in the blank choosing the correct expression from the following.
1) You want to see lions 2) You wanted to see lions
3) You had wanted to see lions 4) You are wanting to see lions
3. Mrs. Ramya is teaching them Science. She began to teach them Science some
time ago and she is still teaching.
The above sentences can be said in a single sentence without changing the
meaning. Choose the correct expression from the following.
1) Mrs. Ramya is teaching them Science a long time.
2) Mrs. Ramya has been teaching them Science since a long time
3) Mrs. Ramya is being taught them Science for a long time
4) Mrs. Ramya has been teaching them Science for a long time.
4. We .......... hurry. There is plenty of time.
Choose the right word from the following to fill in the blank.
1) mustn't 2) needn't 3) shouldn't 4) wouldn't
5. He said to me, "Stay where you are".
Which of the following is the right way of reporting the above statement.
1) He told me that stay where I was
2) He told me to stay where I am
3) He told me to stay where I was
4) He told me stay where was I
6. What's the name of the man ........?
Complete the question choosing the correct expression from the following.
1) Whom lent you his car 2) His car who lent
3) Who lent you his car 4) Lent you his
7. Find the wrongly spelt word from the following.
1) Restaurant 2) Consultant 3) Ignorant 4) Non Violant
8. This is ........ 5 year old child.
Choose the right article to fill in the blank.
1) a 2) an 3) the 4) no article
9. Has a dog ever bitten you?
Choose the correct expression to change the voice
1) Have you been ever bitten dog? 2) Has you been bitten ever by a dog?
3) Have you ever been bitten by a dog? 4) Has you ever been bitten by a dog?
10. If you were an Ophthalmologist, you would be interested in .......
Complete the statement choosing the correct phrase from the following.
1) The mind 2) The eyes 3) The skin 4) The bones
Answers: 1-2, 2-1, 3-4, 4-2, 5-3, 6-3, 7-4, 8-2, 9-3, 10-2 .