1. Rao said to his son, "When are you coming home?" The Reported form of the sentence is-
1) Rao asked his son whether he was coming home or not
2) Rao asked his son when he was coming home
3) Rao asked his son to come home then
4) Rao asked his son when he is coming home
2. Suppose a snake is approaching your friend. You want to warn him. What do you say to him?
1) Look back on something coming
2) Look forward to on something coming
3) Look out! There is something coming
4) Look down on something coming
3. Families don't appreciate urgency, ....? Select the appropriate question tag to be inserted in the given blank-
1) Didn't they 2) isn't it 3) do they 4) don't they
4. Your Friends has been wearing the same clothes for a long time. You think that he should buy some new ones. What do you say to him?
1) It is time you will buy some new clothes
2) It was time you bought some new clothes
3) It is time you buy some new clothes
4) It is time you bought some new clothes
5. Don't ask Sheela to help you. It is no good. The two sentences can be comibned as-
1) It is no good to ask Sheela to have helped you
2) It is no good asking Sheela to help you
3) It is no good in asking Sheela helping you
4) It is no good in asking Sheela to have helped you
6. He searched in his mind for an appropriate punishment. Find the opposite of the underlined word.
1) unappropriate 2) disappropriate
3) misappropriate 4) inappropriate
7. A: Madam! ...... have you been waiting for Me?
B: Since 8 a.m. Sorry to have disturbed you
Fill in the blank with the right phrase from among the following.
1) How long 2) How Many hours
3) How much time 4) How far
8. ......, you will get First Class. Fill in the blank with the right phrase from among the following
1) If you had worked hard 2) If you work hard
3) If you will work hard 4) If you would work hord
9. Migrating birds fly long distances. The underlined word is used as:
1) an adjective 2) a past participle
3) a noun 4) an adverb
10. I am not experienced. I can't apply for that job. Which of the following sentences expresses the same idea?
1) I was too experienced to apply for that job
2) I am experienced enough to apply for that job
3) I am not experienced enough to apply for that job
4) I am not so experienced that I can't apply for that job
Key / Answers: 1-2; 2-3; 3-3; 4-4; 5-2; 6-4; 7-1; 8-2; 9-1; 10-3.