Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India is providing admissions into NITs and IIITs under Direct Admissions of Students Abroad under DASA Scheme 2014-15. The notification has been released by NIT Karnataka. Following are details of DASA 2014-15.
NITK, Surathkal will organise the admissions for the present academic year. The UG Admissions will be based on SAT subject test scores. Subjects are Mathematics Level 2, Physics and Chemistry.
Candidates have to send SAT subject test scores directly through College Board to NITK (Institute Code: 6530). SAT subject test scores received till May 31, 2014 only will be considered for admissions.
Following is the schedule of admissions under DASA 2014-15:
1) Submission of Online Application: April 1 (Tue) to May 26 (Mon)
2) Hard copy of applications should reach NITK: May 31 (Sat) 2014
3) Round I Allotment: June 07, (Sat) 2014
4) Round II Allotment : June 14, (Sat), 2014
5) Round III Allotment: June 20, (Fri) 2014
6) Round IV Allotment: July 4 , (Fri) 2014
7) Joining at Participating Institutions: July 14–17, (Mon - Thu) 2014
8) Spot Admission : July 25, (Fri) 2014