Council of Science and Technology, Uttar Pradesh (CSTUP) is inviting applications / nominations for talented scientists and meritorious students for 'Science Awards Scheme- 2000' to honor eminent scientists either born in Uttar Pradesh or who are working in Uttar Pradesh for the last 10 years continuously. CSTUP is functioning under the aegis of Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of UP. The awards will be in the following categories.
1. Vigyan Samman (One): This award will be offered for one scientist only for his / her outstanding contribution in the field of science writing, research or any other special scientific achievements or development of technology useful at National level. The value of the award is cash of Rs. 1.00 lakh, a memento and a citation.
2. Vigyan Ratna Samman (Two): These are for two scientists for their valuable contribution in science achievements or innovation or science writing or technology development. Value of the each award is a cash of Rs. 50,000/-, a memento along with a citation.
3. Young Scientist (Five): These awards are meant for five young scientists in the age group of 18 to 35 years. Value of the award is Rs. 25,000/- each along with a memento and citation.
4. Science Student Awards: These awards are meant for the students who have obtained highest marks in Science subjects at High School and Intermediate examinations (10+2) (2010) level conducted by Uttar Pradesh Board, Allahabad or equivalent board.
5. Bal Vaigyanic Samman (Five): These are meant for science students of age of 18 years for their outstanding scientific ideas and works including Science Models. Value of the awards is of Rs. 10,000/- each along with a citation.
6. Science Teacher Award (Five): The value of the award is Rs. 25,000/- cash. These will be for Science Teachers of Secondary Schools for their good educational procedures and new educational technologies.
7. Innovation Award (Farmers and Workers Award) (Five): These awards are meant for Rs. 25,000/- and will be given to the Innovators of unorganized Sectors. They should have developed / invented any new methods and systems in agriculture, energy conservations etc.
Eligible and interested candidates can send their resume / curriculum vitae in the prescribed format along with complete documentary evidences (separate application for each award) to Director, Council of Science and Technology, U.P. Vigyan Bhawan, Suraj Kund Park , 9-Nabiullah Road, Lucknow- 226018. The proforma of application is available on the official website cstup.gov.in. The completed application form along with all necessary documents should reach on or before 15th September 2011.