Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Govt. of India has announced notification for CSIR - UGC National Eligibility Test December 2011 for the award of Lectureships and Junior Research Fellowships (JRFs). CSIR - UGC joint NET is conducted in the disciplines of Biological / Life Sciences, Chemical, Physical , Earth Sciences and Mathematical Sciences. Those qualified for JRF will get fellowship to pursue Doctoral Research in the premier research organisations functioning under the aegis of CSIR or also for other universities. Following are details of Eligibility and application procedure:
Eligibility Requirements: Applicants should have Post Graduate Degree in the Concerned subject with minimum 55 percent marks. SC and ST candidates need at least 50 percent marks. Those candidates appearing / waiting for results also can apply. Application forms can be obtained from selected branches of Indian Bank and Oriental Bank of Commerce from 16th August 2011 to 05th September 2011. Applications can also be submitted through online between 16th August - 5th September 2011 at www.csirhrdg.res.in . CSIR - UGC NET is considered to be a tough examination and candidates have to get ready for the examination with a strict preparation strategy and plan.
Age must be between 19-28 years for JRF (NET) as on 01-07-2011. Candidates from SC/ ST/ OBC (Non Creamy Layer), Physically handicapped / Visually handicapped and Female applicants will get 5 years relaxation. Minimum age for LS (NET) is 19 years as on 01.07.2011. There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.
Syllabus and Scheme of the Examination: The question paper is for 200 marks and will have three sections. There will be negative marking wherever it applies. Duration of the test is 3 hours. The three parts of the question paper are:
1) Part A: This is common to all subjects. Questions will be asked from General Science, Quantitative Reasoning and Analysis and Research Aptitude.
2) Part B: This paper contains subject related Multiple Choice questions (MCQs).
3) Part C: This part contain higher value questions from the concerned subject. Questions will be of analytical nature where a candidate is expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem.
Filled in application forms along with all required copies of certificates should be sent to Sr. Controller of the Examinations, Examination Unit, HRDG, CSIR complex, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi - 110012. Last date is 09th September 2011. Last date for far flung areas is 16th September 2011. Candidates can obtain previous question papers, model questions, scheme of the examination, question paper weightage, syllabus for various subjects and other info from http://www.csirhrdg.res.
1) Date of Joint CSIR - UGC NET: 18th December 2011
2) Start of sale of applications: 16th August 2011
3) Close of sale of applications: 30th August 2011
4) Last date for the receipt of filled in application forms: 9th September 2011