Study of Insurance and allied issues are also known as Actuarial Science. The subject of Actuarial Science is gaining popularity with increasing activity in the sector. The opening up of the sector to private players has changes the pace of the industry. All these have also changed the scenario of training and career opportunities for the subject. Service orientation is the key skill to excel in this career.
Those specialized in Actuarial Science can find opportunities as Actuaries, Underwriters, and Surveyor and also in Investment, Marketing and Distribution departments of Insurance companies along with Third Party administrator and Insurance investigation and fraud detection. Starting salaries for en entry level job will be around Rs. 8000 to Rs. 15000. There are corporate institute such as IIRM which offer placements with better pay packs.
As the industry is setting to be more and more competitive and strategic in activities, aspiring professionals require competencies in communication skills, art of negotiation, team spirit, inter-personal skills and basic statistical and mathematical skills. Following are some of the institutions offering courses in Insurance, Actuarial Science and allied subjects such as risk management etc.
1. College of Insurance, Gresham Assurance Building, Sir PM Road, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
2. Directorate of Distance Education, Alagappa University, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu.
3. Institute of Insurance Surveyors and Loss Adjusters, General Assurance Building, 2nd Floor, Dr DN Road, Fort, Mumbai-400 001
4. Directorate of Distance Education, Alagappa University, Karaikudi, TamilNadu.
5. Acturial Society of India, 9, Jeevan Udyog, III Floor, 278, D.N. Road, Fort, Mumbai, Website: www.acturiesindia.org
6. Insurance Training Centre, 25, Baranshi Ghosh Street, Kolkata.
7. Kalyani University, Kalyani, Nadia District, West Bengal.
8. The National Insurance Academy, Balewadi, Baner Road, Tolani Institute of Management Studies, PB No. 11, Adipur, Kachchh, 370205, Gujarat
9. Ernakulam Insurance Institute, C/o. LIC of India Divl. Office, Jeevan Prakash, M.G. Road, Ernakulam.
10. Amity School of Insurance and Actuarial Science, E- 27, Defense Colony, New Delhi.
11. Insurance Institute of India, Universal Insurance Building, 6th Floor, Sir P.M. Road, Mumbai- 400001. E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.insuranceinstituteofindia.com
12. Institute Of Insurance and Risk Management, Plot No.310, Road No.25, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. http://www.iirmworld.org.in/
13.MIMT (affiliated to Dr B.R. Ambedkar University, Agra), G.T. Road, Opposite to Indira Priyadarshini Park, Near Hindoo River Bridge, PO Mohan Nagar, Ghaziabad (UP).
14. College of Insurance, Gresham Assurance House, P, Mehta Road, Mumbai-400001.
15. College of Vocational Studies, Delhi University, Triveni (Sheikh Sarai), Delhi.
16. ICRIM, 52, Nagarjuna Hills, Punjagutta, Hyderabad ,E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Website: www.icrimindia.org
17. The ICFAI School of Finance and Management, 38, Nagarjuna Hills,
18. Actuarial Institute of India, 9 Jeevan Udyog, 278 Dr. D.N. Road, Mumbai.
19. College of Insurance, Gresham Assurance House, 4th Floor, Near RBI, Sir P.M. Road, Mumbai-400001 E-mail: email@example.com
20. College of Insurance, Gresham Assurance Building, Sir PM Road, Fort, Mumbai-400 001.
21. College of Vocational Studies, Delhi-110 017.
22. The Insurance Institute of India, Universal Insurance Building, 6th floor, Sir PM Road, Mumbai-400 001.
23. Birla Institute of Management and Technology, Pushpa Vihar, Sector-IV, New Delhi-110017 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.bimtechindia.org
24. The National Insurance Academy, Balewadi, Baner Road, Pune.
25.Institute of Insurance Surveyors and Loss Adjusters, General Assurance Building, 2nd Floor, Dr DN Road, Fort, Mumbai-400 001.
26. Insurance Training Centre, 25, Baranshi Ghosh Street, Kolkata.
27.Kalyani University, Kalyani, Nadia District, West Bengal-741 235.
28. Ernakulam Insurance Institute, C/o, LIC of India Divi, Office, Jeevan Prakash. M.G. Road, Ernakulam-11.
29. Tolani Institute of Management Studies, PB No 11, Adipur, Kachchh, 370205, Gujarat.