The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an all India entrance examination through which admissions to Five Year Integrated LLB and LLM programmes in 14 National Law Schools and Universities will be conducted. National Law University, Jodhpur is organising CLAT 2012. The CLAT 2012 consist of 200 objective multiple choice questions for 200 marks thus each question carrying one mark. Selection of the candidates for Under Graduate admission will be based on merit cum preference. Admission to Post Graduate courses will be through respective institutes on the basis of the scores of the candidates in CLAT-2012. Following are details of institutions, eligibility for LLB and LLM programmes, examination pattern, previous model question papers and application procedure:
14 National Law Universities (NLUs) that are participating in CLAT are:
1) NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
2) National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
3) The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
4) Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
5) National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
6) Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (RGNUL)
7) Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
8) Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
9) Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
10) National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
11) National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
12) National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
13) National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA)
14) National Law University, Orissa (NLUO)
Programs offered and eligibility requirements:
1) LLB: Five year integrated B.A./ B.Sc./ BBA/ BSW/ B.Com – LLB (Hons.) Degree Courses: Applicants should have Senior Secondary School or Intermediate (10+2) qualification with at least 50 percent marks in aggregate. Those awaiting the results of final year examinations are also eligible for CLAT 2012. Age should not be more than 20 years.
2) LLM : This is a two year course. Candidates should have passed LLB or BL degree with minimum 55 percent marks in aggregate. Those candidates appeared for the qualifying degree examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear in CLAT 2012.
Pattern of the CLAT 2012 Question Paper for Under Graduate Programmes: Total question paper will be for 200 marks. There will be 200 multiple choice questions of one mark each. Duration of the test is two hours. Following are the papers with respective weightage:
1) English including Comprehension: 40 Marks
2) General Knowledge and Current Affairs: 50 Marks
3) Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability): 20 Marks
4) Legal Aptitude: 50 Marks
5) Logical Reasoning: 40 Marks
CLAT 2012 pattern for Post-Graduate Programmes: There will be two types of questions with a total of 200 marks. Duration of the test is two hours. There will be 100 objective multiple choice questions with 1 mark for each question. These questions will be from the subject areas of Law of Contracts, Law of Torts, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law and Legal Theory etc. There will be 10 short answer questions for 100 marks with 10 marks for each question.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates can download printed application forms along with the CLAT-2012 Information Brochure from www.clat.ac.in . Applications may also available with the designated branches of the State Bank of India or in any of participating Law Schools. Application cost is Rs. 3000 (Rs.2500/- for SC, ST, and PWD candidates on submission of proof). You can also get applications by post through sending a request to the Convener, CLAT-2012, National Law University, Jodhpur, NH-65, Nagour Road, Mandore, Jodhpur -342 304 (Rajasthan) in the prescribed manner.
1) Last date for submission of completed applications: 31-03-2012
2) CLAT 2012 Entrance Examination: 13-05-2012.