Centre for the Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) will conduct a National level Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission to various Advanced Diploma Courses related to IT and Software fields. The pattern of the CET will be mainly objective type. And questions will be covering various technical and aptitude aspects. Duration of the CET will be 120 minutes or two hours. Selection of the candidates will be based on the performance in the CET. CDAC Offer following programmes in various centers across the country. CDAC is also providing placements for the meritorious candidates. Following are the details of CDAC Entrance Test (CET), reference books for CET, Syllabus of the test and placement details of CDAC for various courses. Some of the important programmes offered by CDAC Centers in Hyderabad, Pune, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Mohali, Mumbai, Noida and Thiruvananthapuram:
1) Advanced Course in Bioinformatics (ACB)
2) Certificate Course in Digital and Analog VLSI Design (CDAD)
3) Certificate Course on Networking & System Security (CNSS)
4) Diploma in System Software Development (DSSD)
5) Diploma in Embedded Systems Design (DESD)
6) Diploma in Advanced Business Computing (D-ABC)
7) Full-Time Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Software Technology (FPGDST)
8) Post-Graduate Diploma in Information Security (PGDIS)
Reference Books for CET (Common Entrance Test:
1) Digital Logic and Computer Design: Morris Mano
2) Microprocessors and Interfacing: Douglas V Hall
3) Data and Computer Communication: William Stallings
4) Computer Organization and Architecture: William Stallings
5) The C programming Language: B W Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie
6) Data Structures: Lipschutz and Seymour
7) Operating System Concepts: Silbeschatz and Galvin
Syllabuis for CET:
1) Foundations of computing: Major areas to be covered in this section are Boolean Algebra, Computer arithmetic, Logic Gates, Number Systems, Decoders, Code Converters, Multiplexers, Counters, Shift-Registers, Latches and Flip-flops, Computer Organization and Architecture (CPU, Memory maps, Read-Write operations, Memory and IO access, Polled and Interrupt driven IO, DMA data transfer, Programmed IO, Cache memory, Virtual memory, static and dynamic memory, Microprocessors (x86 architecture), instruction set and addressing modes, Assembly Language Programming, Memory and I/O interfacing, Operating System Concepts (Memory, I/O Management; Process, File, Spooling, Multiprogramming, Batch Processing, Multiprocessing, Time-sharing, Basics of Data Communication, Multiplexing, Demultiplexing, Switching, OSI and TCP / IP Protocol Suites, Synchronous / Asynchronous Communication, LAN Topologies and Protocols (Ethernet-CSMA / CD, Token Ring, Token bus protocols), WAN Protocols (HDLC, Frame Relay, X.25, ISDN).
2) C Programming Language and Data Structures: Data Types, Variables, Constants, Control Flow - if, if-else, switch, Operators and Expressions, for and while statements, Structures and Unions, functions, Arrays and Pointers, Input and Output in C, Files, Bit wise operators and Bit-fields, Preprocessor directives, Lists, Stacks Queues, Algorithm analysis, Searching and Sorting Algorithms, Trees, Graphs, Object Oriented Programming Concepts
3) Aptitude: The Aptitude Test will be held on the pattern of GRE or GMAT. The questions in the Aptitude Test will test the applicant’s Quantitative Aptitude, Analytical Ability and Vocabulary of the English Language.
Placements in CDAC Centrs: CDAC centers do not offer 100 percent placement guarantee but provide placement assistance. Many of the students will get placements as CDAC courses are well received by the IT and Software industry. Major companies so far recruited CDAC students are Arada Systems, C-DAC, R&D, Hyderabad, Cavium Networks P Ltd, Embedded Infotech Pvt Ltd, HSBC Software Development Center Pvt Ltd, Honeywell Technology Solutions, iGATE Patni,
Knoah soft, iCube Logics Pvt Ltd, Intense Technologies Ltd, Mahindra Satyam, Paladion Networks P Ltd, Magnaquest Technologies Ltd., Purple Talk, Roboticwares P Ltd, Pyro Networks Pvt. Ltd., Samsung, Siemens, Sum Total Systems, Teradata etc. More details can be obtained from www.cdac.in .