Candidates interested in pursuing research in top class scientific research institutions in India can appear for Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST - 2017) for admission into Ph.D and Integrated Ph.D for the academic year 2017-18. The programmes are offered in the disciplines of Physics, Theoretical Computer Science and Neuro Science.
Eligibility: Candidates should have M.Sc / BE / B.Tech / ME / M.Tech / MCA in the relevant subject (Physics, Mathematics, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, Optics and Photonics, Instrumentation, Electronics, Computer Science etc)
1) Aryabhatta Research Institute for Observational Sciences, Nainital
2) Homibhabha National Institute, Mumbai
3) Harish Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad
4) International Center for Theoretical Sciences, Bangalore
5) Indira Gandhi Center for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam
6) Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore
7) Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
8) Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) - Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune and Tiruvananthapuram.
9) IIST Tiruvananthapuram
10) Raman Research Institute, Bangalore and various other institutions.
Candidates can submit online applications from 15th November 2016. Last date for the submission of online applications is 16 December 2016. Exam date is 19 February 2017. For more details, www.jest.org.in .