Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) is the latest version of distance education across the world. The learner friendly system of delivering education through videos, assignments, study material has gained momentum with MOOC project of various universities and governments.
There are thousands of courses across the web by famous universities and commercial and non-profit organisations. Most of the materials are free to access to the learners. You can participate without any registration fee but need to pay some amount to get a certification. Government of India has launched SWAYAM project as part of MOOC.
See Details: SWAYAM - Free Online Courses in India
Following are some of the famous MOOCs available on the web / internet:
1) Stanford Online of Stanford University
2) SWAYAM of Government of India
3) Coursera: Participated by Stanford, Princeton, Arizona state university, University of Maryland College Park, University of Illinois etc.
4) Khan Academy
5) Canvas Network: Santa Clara Univeraity, University of Utah etc.
6) Peer to Peer University
7) Udacity - Georgia Institute of Technology, San Jose State University, Google, Salesforce.com, Facebook, Cloudera, Nvidia, Autodesk, Cadence.
8) Eliademy - Aalto University Executive Education
9) Open HPI: University of Potsdam, Germany
10) Future Learn: University of Edinburgh, Kings College London, Open University, Trinity College of London etc.
11) Open Classrooms: Google, Microsoft, IBM, Zendesk, Ecole Polytechnique, Centrale Supelec
12) Open Learning: University of New South Wales, Taylors University, University of Canberra
13) edX: MIT, Harvard University, Boston University, IIT Bombay, IIM Bangalore, etc.
14) iversity: University of Hamburg, University of Florence etc.
15) One Month: School of Vidual Arts, USA
16) NovoEd: Stanford University, Wharton, Princeton, Darden, Comcast, etc.
17) Coursmos: Stanford University, MIT, Draper University
18) Open 2 Study: James Cook University, Griffith University, RMIT University, Central Institute of Technology, Sydney Institute etc.
19) Kadenze: Stanford University, UCLA, California Institute of Arts, Maryland Institute, National University of Singapore etc.
20) POLHN: WHO, Pacific Ministries of Health
21: ALISON, Lynda.com, Shaw Academy, Udemy