Following is the Junior Intermediate Model Paper - Botany Paper - I for the Andhra Pradesh and Telangana state boards. The model paper is as per the new syllabus and useful for the IPE exams of both the states. The question paper is for 60 marks and duration of the exam is 3 hours.
Section - A
I. i) Very short answer type questions.
ii) Answer ALL the questions.
iii) Each question carries TWO marks. 10 × 2 = 20
1. What is meant by manuals and monographs?
2. What is slime mould? Explain what is meant by plasmodium with reference to slime moulds.
3. Name the books written by Parasara and mention the important aspects discussed in those books.
4. What is the morphology of cup like structure in cyathium? In
which family it is found?
5. What is meant by parthenocarpic fruit? How is it useful?
6. What is meant by scutellum? In which type of seeds it is pre-
7. Write the floral formula of Solanum plant.
8. What are microbodies? What do they contain?
9. Select an appropriate chemical bond among ester bond, glycosidic bond, peptide bond and hydrogen bond and write against each of the following.
a) Polysaccharide b) Protein
c) Fat d) Steps of DNA
10. Define communities. Who classified plant communities into hydrophytes, mesophytes and xerophytes?
SECTION - B
II. i) Short answer type questions.
ii) Answer any SIX questions.
iii) Each question carries FOUR marks. 6 × 4 = 24
11. Give a brief account of Dinoflagellates.
12. Differentiate between liverworts and mosses?
13. Distinguish between asexual and sexual reproduction. Why is vegetative reproduction also consider as a type of asexual reproduction?
14. What is apomixis? Give an example. What is its importance?
15. Give economic importance of plants belonging to Fabaceae.
16. What are nucleosomes? What are they made of?
17. In which phase of meiosis are the following formed?
a) Synaptonemal complex b) Recombination nodules
c) Action of Recombinase d) Terminalisation
e) Interkinesis f) Dyad of cells
g) X-shaped structures h) Synapsis
18.Define plant succession. Differentiate primary and secondary
SECTION - C
III. i) Long answer type questions.
ii) Answer any TWO questions.
iii) Each question carries EIGHT marks. 2 × 8 = 16
19. Define root / stem modifications. Explain how root / stem is
modified to perform different functions. (Write any 6 modifications).
20. Draw the diagram of a microsporangium and label its wall layers. Write briefly about the wall layers.
21. Describe the T.S. of monocot stem.