Common Admission Test (CAT) Notification 2011-2012 has been released. CAT 2011 is for admission into Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM) in prestigious and most reputed B-Schools called IIMs (Indian Institutes of Management). PGPM offered by IIMs is equivalent to MBA. The CAT 2011 online examination will be conducted for 20 days from 22nd October 2011 to 18th November 2011. The CAT 2011 scores will be considered for admission into PGP in Management in IIMs at Bangalore, Calcutta, Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Ranchi, Indore, Kozhicode, Udaipur, Thiruchirapalli, Raipur, Rohtak, Kashipur and RGIIM- Shillong. Along with PGP in Management, some IIMs also offer Fellow Programs based on CAT score. And there are Executive Development programs for working professionals in IIMs. CAT 2011 vouchers can be obtained from designated Axis Bank branches and other outlets across India from 17th August 2011 to 26th September 2011. Cost of application / voucher is Rs. 1600 (For SC, ST candidates Rs. 800). Apart from IIMs, there are so many reputed B-Schools and prestigious private Management Schools which consider CAT scores for admission into their management courses of various types. There is tough competition for seat in prestigious institutes as number of seats in IIMs are limited and cut offs also very high.
Educational Qualifications and Eligibility: The candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with at least 50 percent marks. Relaxation of 5 percent marks applies for reserved candidates. Candidates those who are appearing for the final year exams of degree in 2012 and those waiting for their results can also apply. All the IIMs have their own eligibility criteria apart from CAT score. They will use CAT scores for short-listing candidates for Group Discussions and Interviews. Candidates have to maintain a valid email account throughout the selection process for communication. CAT voucher must be bought only in the name of the candidate as it appears in SSC or 10th class certificate.
Application Procedure: After purchasing CAT 2011 voucher from designated Banks, candidates need to login to the website www.catiim.in and should watch the CAT 2011 video to understand the procedure. The registration process will be opened from 17th August 2011 and closes on 28 September 2011. Detailed process for registration will be available on the above mentioned CAT 2011 website.
CAT 2011 Test Pattern: The CAT Online test will be conducted in number of venues across the country. There have been changes in the CAT 2011 examination structure and question paper pattern. There will be only two sections instead of earlier three sections. All other details regarding new question paper pattern, application process, test structure, question paper structure, old CAT exam papers, bank branches, Online Test procedure, Programs available in IIMs and Non-IIMs and reporting for the test are available on IIMs websites along with www.catiim.in .
Useful Books for CAT Preparation:
1. How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma
2. The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
3. How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT by Arun Sharma
4. The Pearson Guide to Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation by Nishit K Sinha
5. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT and other MBA Entrance Exams by TIME (Pearson Publications)
6. How to prepare for Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning for CAT by Arun Sharma
7. The Pearson Guide to Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning for CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
8. Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning for the CAT by TIME (Pearson Publications)
These books are also useful for national level MBA entrance examinations like MAT, XAT, SNAP, FMS and related standard exams.
1) Registration Starts: 17th August 2011
2) Close of Registration: 28th September 2011
3) CAT 2011 Dates: 22 October 2011 - 18 November 2011
4) Website: www.catiim.in
5) IVRS Number: 1800 103 7383